Have problems Wiring GM 3 BAR MAP SENSOR, PLEASE HELP! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 xkrazyxjbrkerx75 is learning the way of the Dxkrazyxjbrkerx75 is learning the way of the D
Default Have problems Wiring GM 3 BAR MAP SENSOR, PLEASE HELP!

I have been searching and searching and i still cant find my answer. I Recently bought a gm 3 bar map sensor. I am trying to find out how to wire it.

My questions that need to be answered.
1. Do you need a resistor box?
2. Does it matter if you wire it into a obd2 harness instead of a obd1
3. How do you wire it into a 96 civic, obd2a harness?
4. What settings will i need to change ? im using hondata s300

Please help a DSO member out!

Link of prove that i searched!
http://www.hondata.com/tech3barmap.html
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 10 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all

its easy there are only three wires. find out which one is the power, ground, and map signal. then tap. you do not need a resistor box, that is only for injectors if you are running peak/hold low impedance i think. You should have a setting in hondata to use a 3 bar.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 xkrazyxjbrkerx75 is learning the way of the Dxkrazyxjbrkerx75 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ctrhatch View Post
its easy there are only three wires. find out which one is the power, ground, and map signal. then tap. you do not need a resistor box, that is only for injectors if you are running peak/hold low impedance i think. You should have a setting in hondata to use a 3 bar.
thank you! do u know any write ups?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!
BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!

DIY 3bar map sensor and resistor box adapter
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
i already saw this link, thats why i made a thread asking if you need a resistor box to wire in a map sensor for obd2a harness
Old 04-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 maxwellmercer is learning the way of the Dmaxwellmercer is learning the way of the D

Not sure if you got it, but here's another article...

Tech - 3 Bar MAP Install

www.rcautoworks.com
maxwellmercer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellmercer View Post
Not sure if you got it, but here's another article...

Tech - 3 Bar MAP Install
this is the link i posted LOL, since i have a obd2a with a z6 motor, which one should i do on the site, the b series or the rsx-s?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 4 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community

I would just do the DIY 3bar map one. It is exactly how you need to wire it up. You can either cut and splice or you just make the adapter harness thats shown there. As this is the exact was I will be doing mine. That way if I ever swap to a pnp map sensor I dont have to splice the harness again.

Build thread

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.

Last edited by WORPsol; 04-20-2011 at 06:53 PM.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORPsol View Post
I would just do the DIY 3bar map one. It is exactly how you need to wire it up. You can either cut and splice or you just make the adapter harness thats shown there. As this is the exact was I will be doing mine. That way if I ever swap to a pnp map sensor I dont have to splice the harness again.
so u take a busted map sensor and u do everything in that DIY above. But do u leave your old tps on the throttle body and just have your Conversion 3 bar map sensor plugged into the harness?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 maxwellmercer is learning the way of the Dmaxwellmercer is learning the way of the D

Hahaha, my bad. I didn't see that....at all.....

www.rcautoworks.com
maxwellmercer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 4 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community

Yeah and have to get a block off plate where the old map went on the TB or make one. can always use the bottom of the original map and seal the hole up in it to block off the map sensor hole.

If you drill the rivets out of the stock map it is a 2 piece case. The top and the bottom. Like in this pic from Xenocron.

Just take and fill the nipple with some sort of epoxy and put it back on and call it a day. You will have to either use shorter screws or a spacer. You can also plastic weld or epoxy a nipple to it so you can run a vacuum line from it to the new GM 3 bar.

Build thread

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah and have to get a block off plate where the old map went on the TB or make one. can always use the bottom of the original map and seal the hole up in it to block off the map sensor hole.

If you drill the rivets out of the stock map it is a 2 piece case. The top and the bottom. Like in this pic from Xenocron.

Just take and fill the nipple with some sort of epoxy and put it back on and call it a day. You will have to either use shorter screws or a spacer. You can also plastic weld or epoxy a nipple to it so you can run a vacuum line from it to the new GM 3 bar.
thank you sirrrrrr!!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

np at all man.

Build thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!
BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Or you can run an adapter fitting on the stock MAP location and run a vac line to your remote-mounted GM 3bar, like what I did :

Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Or you can run an adapter fitting on the stock MAP location and run a vac line to your remote-mounted GM 3bar, like what I did :

wow that is very impressive!
Old 04-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Where did you find the adapter. I was also thinking about going that route.

Build thread

Old 04-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Where did you find the adapter. I was also thinking about going that route.
Lowes LOL
11 sec CRX build - D-series.org 302hp/262TQ
crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

What did you use for the plate?

Build thread

Old 04-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 19 Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!

OR you can buy the adapter from LHT:

Scroll down to the MAP sensor adapter

Performance

Owner, Quick & Dirty Racing LLC

Rally Car
http://d-series.org/forums/showcase/...ml#post1713530

Race Car
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...oad-racer.html
Atmosfear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

It was a Function7 adapter plate...made a while back, kinda rare
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification