Vortex supercharger on d16? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 J-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the communityJ-tech86R  is accepted as part of the community
Default Vortex supercharger on d16?

whats up guys. im having bad luck finding a jrsc for my d16. every time i find one i have no money and when i have money i cant find one lol.

my question is can a vortex kit be fitted on a d16? has anyone done it? i need some imput. just trying something new. maybe if i can find a used kit i can make it work
J-tech86R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

never heard of one being slapped on a d-series. however, with money there is always the ability for a one off...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!

make it happen and tell us how you did it!
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar View Post
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 75 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

The original gokart axle shaft drive blower was on a SOHC Civic EX Coupe, maroon in color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

i was going to a while back. i had a vortech v5 supercharger and driveshaft with pullys and tentioner i got for 75 bucks from a buddy that needed quick cash. i fabbed up mounting brakets and what not. had it all lined up to use a crank pully that had 3 ribs(my car is a cx so it has a manual rack not powersteering). to be honest it was huge in the bay. i never got around to doing it and sold it for 200 bucks and started a turbo build.

the drive shaft was set up to spin the sc correctly as honda spin backwards

im sure if you get creative you could get farther than i did, the v-5 is ment for 1.6l to like 4l or something like that. the kit i bought was ment for a 3rd gen 4cly eclipse

Everyone has a little farmyard in them
scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

@ trans: really? only ever saw them on the b16a in the em1. damn, it would be nice to have that blower set-up!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 75 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
@ trans: really? only ever saw them on the b16a in the em1. damn, it would be nice to have that blower set-up!
The car was in SCC or SS, I saved the issue, where it is at, I dunno though

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 preludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcano
preludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcanopreludepatrick is hot as a volcano

You're having a hard time finding a JRSC for D16? Man they're on sale like every week on ebay...

I'm sure the vortech idea could be done...but you'd have to do a hell of a lot of custom work.
preludepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 40 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

WTF is a Vortex SC? VorTech?

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

lol.......... i just saw that

to the op just to get this strait

vortech or rotex

in all honesty a rotex sc kit for the d would be badass

Everyone has a little farmyard in them
scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 40 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I heard that TRD SCs for the Scion, Celica, and Corolla

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!
Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
in all honesty a rotex sc kit for the d would be badass
yah if you like not making peak boost until redline
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
i am introvert

2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....2drz6 Still a JDM Star....

dont worry your not the only one thinkin about puttin a vortech on my hell ive looked at putting the sc off a 4agze on my its about the same size as the ac n there good upto 12lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheasekhatch View Post
Fucking sweet! your last names sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheasekhatch View Post
as for make up sex and squashing it is like jacking a bob cat off with barbwire..it aint as easy or fun as it sounds.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010, 02:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

The SOHC kit didn't use a Vortech unit.....

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2010, 02:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

o'really? what did it use then? i am honestly very curious cause i havent seen it before. its been a while since a single slammer honda has caught my curiosity.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

I wanna say ATI Procharger.

Digging out the old mags to scan into history is not possible until I get the 95 Black Coupe out of the storage unit.

At times I can't remember crap, but certain images are forever embedded into memory. Most of those memories are Honda related......

1/4 RF shot from about 8-10 ft is the image I have in memory.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

ROTREX is what jackson switched to when he started craftwerks. they are pretty efficent and still have instant throtle response.
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010, 03:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
ROTREX is what jackson switched to when he started craftwerks. they are pretty efficent and still have instant throtle response.
Wanna know where OJ got the idea??????

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2010, 03:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

This may take yours attention

look what I've found, but its dam expensive addon...

VORTECH-SUPERCHARGER-V27-RENAGADE-KIT
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I wanna say ATI Procharger.

Digging out the old mags to scan into history is not possible until I get the 95 Black Coupe out of the storage unit.

At times I can't remember crap, but certain images are forever embedded into memory. Most of those memories are Honda related......

1/4 RF shot from about 8-10 ft is the image I have in memory.
I remember that kit to bone but same as you dont remember if it was ati, but hell i preferre ati procharger over vortech anyday.

hell i guess im crazy cuase i've alwasy wanted to get the shaft setup and put a ATI procharger D1-sc(to those that dont know a D1-sc is huge for a honda it can support 800hp on a v8 ) on a sohc mainly and f22a6 swap.
93' lx d15b7..AEM CAI,AEM adj. Cam gear,MSD 8.5mm wires,ebay 4-2-1 header, 60mm stainless pipeing,magnaflow highflow cat and magnaflow 6"round muffler,fidanza 3.2 clutch and 7.5lb flywheel, P20 B000 trans.

Future build: D15z1 block,crank and rods with d17 PLR-A0 pistons for a nice (for d series) 1.64 R/S with a y8 head w/y7 valvetrain, colt tri-flow cam and edelbrock intake Mani.

Last edited by project4dr-eg; 03-24-2010 at 10:57 AM.
project4dr-eg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boost, d16, jrsc, supercharger, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification