Boost and Spark Plug Gap.... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 19 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
Default Boost and Spark Plug Gap....

I am currently running the Greddy 15G setup.... I am running NGK BKR7E and they are gapped to .028 I was just wondering what everyone else is running? or what is the best gap in your experiences? Thanks!
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2009, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano

when i had my greddy kit i ran a .030 gap and it was just fine on bkr7e plugs
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
The House that Trevor Built.

Rep Power: 50 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

the best gap is the largest gap you can get away with

Playin Sega and Slammin Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
Dyno tuning/welding/fabrication/installations
Evolution Auto Performance - 604.460.7969
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 50 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

on my greddy set up I am running them at .0032"

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=17947

1996 Integra Project Car:http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/72073-1996-integra-ls-sedan-pics-1-21-14-jdm-front-5-lug-auto-manual.html
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

currently running a .026

GT2871
md_d16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 v-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to allv-tecivic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
on my greddy set up I am running them at .0032"
that has to be a typo.
v-tecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 50 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-tecivic View Post
that has to be a typo.
shoot me, i added 1 extra 0 in there. lol .032"

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=17947

1996 Integra Project Car:http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72073
Old 07-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-tecivic View Post
that has to be a typo.
nah, he likes it tight!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
nah, he likes it tight!!!
yeah i do, remember those stories i told you about the ex?

1996 Integra Project Car:http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72073
Old 07-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Talking off topic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
yeah i do, remember those stories i told you about the ex?
yeah, there is always that one ex with the.... umm... yeah.. why are they always crazy though?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 19 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
the best gap is the largest gap you can get away with

exactly what I was going to say.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 7 90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness90dirtydsi is approaching greatness

Yes, just open the gap until it starts to misfire then close it a bit.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

my bkr7e's were .028 out of the box, i left them as-is and they are doing great for the past several months

Everyone has a little farmyard in them
scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

im runnin 0.030, works great no probs.
<j doobestt> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 shadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagleshadhman is fly like an eagle

20psi at .022

What are the benefits of having them gapped larger? Better mpg? I am only getting 20mpg in city

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):http://d-series.org/forums/showcase/...ml#post1398900
Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadhman View Post
20psi at .022

What are the benefits of having them gapped larger? Better mpg? I am only getting 20mpg in city
your tune might be to rich at 20mpgs. haveing them gapped to big and the boosted air can blow out the spark and not ignigte the fuel. on the other hand having it to small of a gap, your not igniting all of the fuel and only getting a partial burn. i suggest opening them up a bit. try .028 and out of boost you should be getting close to thesame mpg's you had before

Everyone has a little farmyard in them
scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Most people will find that a gap of under .035" but not much less than .030" will work well for most setups making less than 200ft/lbs of torque. I prefer to keep my gaps as wide as posible, so I start at .040" and take them down if I experience any issues, but, I haven't messed with high boost, so, that is also a factor (under 11PSI, since I am using a stock MAP sensor).

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

How To Tune OBD0 with TurboEdit

My fab blog.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 Slowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropesSlowhatch is starting to learn the ropes

.028 has been doing me good at 204ft/lb. Inconsistent misfire due to being waaay rich.
OEM Main bearings
RC Autoworks ramhorn
T3 .42/.48
Precision 780's
Delta 272-2
Supertech valve springs
ARP Headstuds
Street tuned on a s300 by eee-jay-ate
Old tune: 240whp/204tq
Slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 9 RandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to allRandysSOHC is a name known to all

bkr7e gap'd @ .030
Old 07-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadhman View Post
20psi at .022
same here. any more and it would break up at high RPMs

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification