Honda D Series Forum banner

Fordged internals Question.

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  boostedsohc 
#1 ·
I am just wondering, will eagle rods work with stock d16y8 p2p pistons?
Also, I know the rods are weakest link in for most d series engines, but lets say I did the rods and used stock pistons (I have a spare set of p2p pistons), how much power with a decent tune could the stock ones handle?

I don't know if anyone has tried this. I just think the stock compression ratio is pretty good for a turbo setup and if stock pistons w/eagle rods(new bearings,rings ex.) would work for my goal of 220-250whp then I would be pretty satisfied.

I know FJ distributors has a sweet custom length eagle/vitara set with a good comp ratio but I don't want to be on back order all summer lol

any information is appreciated thanks!

#6 ·
As mentioned earlier if you took the trouble to tear it down why not save a few extra bucks for some Vitaras? I picked mine up for $120 shipped. True the rods are a weak point but if you have forged rods, now the weak spot is the ring lands. I personally would not trust stock pistons much over 240-250whp. Yeah yeah its been done blah blah but be warned.

Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.