2.5" downpipe to 2.25" exhaust - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D
Default 2.5" downpipe to 2.25" exhaust

im looking for something thats a lot quieter. my 2.5 exhaust is too loud for my taste. im only shooting for 200 hp with my turbo setup(GoAuto street kit on 8 lbs). do you think a 2.25 exhaust with 2.25 high flow cat will keep me from getting to 200 hp? this is my daily and i commute 100 miles a day and the loudness and raspiness of my 2.5 exhaust with 2.5 test pipe is getting on my nerves, big time. im thinking about either apexi ws2 or vrs 2.25 exhaust kit. anyone else feel the same way i do about exhausts?
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 stiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eagle

World Sport or RS-R Exmag

/thread

434whp/332ftlbs D16Y8 GT3076R 27psi Meth Fed - 2010

2006 Nighthawk Black Pearl Acura TL
stiffdogg06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

WS2 will do the work you need done.. but ensure you match the dp size to the exhaust. being that small of a system, your really going to hurt power if your going to move from 2.5 to 2.25..

iirc: the WS2 is a 2.5 in size.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 20 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!

Keep in mind that the turbo acts as a muffler as well so your exhaust note will be quieter after you install the snail.

| PHOTOS | TWO WHEELS | FOUR WHEELS |
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2009, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 95civicsi is learning the way of the D95civicsi is learning the way of the D

ws2 is 60 mm, which i believe is 2.35".
Old 02-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

werd..
Old 02-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 HiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcano
HiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcano

A smaller exhaust will do NOTHING for sound, its all in the resonator/muffler/cat you have.

Yes, the turbo itself helps a lot. I had to run my EF's 3" exhaust NA for emissions, and it was rediculously loud vs turbo. I actually got a freakin ticket in the 8 hours and 20 miles I had it on. The turbo setup was 3" from turbo back, only 2Summit striaght-through resonators. It sounded v.similar to an Evo, but a tad loud for a DD.

My EG had a 3" dp, stock cat/b-pipe, and tenzo-r axleback (previous owner), and was louder than my full 3" EF setup above. Last fall I switched to 3" back to the gas tank w/Summit resonator, e-cutout in that spot, and continues with a stock 2" pipe/muffler. Its v.loud with the cutout open, but dead-silent with it closed. I'm happier than a pig in mud. Here's a sample (type FAST CUTOUT in youtube for more):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_2RlSZoplw
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
A smaller exhaust will do NOTHING for sound
more backpressure = more sound attenuation
ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 HiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcano
HiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcanoHiProfile is hot as a volcano

M'k, lemme define nothing regarding sound: under 1dB of change, which is not noticable by most people.

In terms of noise reduction & power reduction, its a terrible investment.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
M'k, lemme define nothing regarding sound: under 1dB of change, which is not noticable by most people.
Right, 1dB is not "NOTHING".

I'm not sure what the actual difference is, but now I'm curious. I'll see what I can find out.
ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

What is it with everyone wondering about a turbo and tiny exhaust? 3" all the way back, straight through resonator and muffler, done. If you really want it quieter find a baffled muffler instead of a straight through.
baron340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification