Help No SPARK NO FUEL - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Default Help No SPARK NO FUEL

OK I have a 89 crx SI and I have no spark and no fuel. I have the main relay replace the distributer replace the ecu checked out and swap ecu I have check all the fuses and the relays I have spent over 200 dollars now and I cant figure it out jump time maybe? I have over 135 compression. what can it be the only code on the ecu is number 8 tdc sensor but I replace everything that I know of am I missing something?
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 26 Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....
Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....

can you hear the fuel pump humming when you turn on the ignition? no spark could mean you snapped a timing belt and your dizzy isnt turning. could be lots of stuff but i'd check your timing belt first.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

yes fuel pressure is good I took the fuel pressure regulator off and turn the key fuel sprayed every were the top timing belt is off and the timing belt turns the cam the compression is over 135psi.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
BooM TastE IT

Rep Power: 25 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

check your timing.

My For Sale Thread
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

I check timing I am having an electrical problems between main realy and something else. All I know is when the guy was driving it it just shut off and he thought that the motor blew after buying a new dizzy. but thats not it I have compression around 135 when I crank the motor over I replace the main relay the dizzy and the ecu. The relay is clicking and the fuel pump does turn on. On the ecu wire to the injector one I am getting no power. Any ideas?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 9 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all

check your base timing. maybe it jumped teeth.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

I am having the same problem now! fuel presure is good but i got no spark it just never ends i tell ya! haha
CR_XXX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 19 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black91CRXsi View Post
no spark could mean you snapped a timing belt and your dizzy isnt turning. could be lots of stuff but i'd check your timing belt first.
yeah, but if it snapped the belt would get wrapped around the crankshaft pulley it wouldn't even spin. and it would be pretty obvious.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

will jumping a tooth do that? I have compression.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 26 Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....
Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....Black91CRXsi Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
yeah, but if it snapped the belt would get wrapped around the crankshaft pulley it wouldn't even spin. and it would be pretty obvious.
Not so, my friends H22 snapped a belt and it cranked fine. Just never fired up obviously. As long as the starter has juice, the engine is gonna spin.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 25 si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....
si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Not so, my friends H22 snapped a belt and it cranked fine. Just never fired up obviously. As long as the starter has juice, the engine is gonna spin.
the head wont spin being the belt that spins it is snapped. check dizzy wires and make sure they are all good. also are you even getting power to the dizzy?

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-hatch86 View Post
the head wont spin being the belt that spins it is snapped. check dizzy wires and make sure they are all good. also are you even getting power to the dizzy?
Duh, Im saying the engine will still crank...and if you don't have any of the covers off you'd be none the wiser of a broken belt.

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 25 si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....
si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....si-hatch86 Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Duh, Im saying the engine will still crank...and if you don't have any of the covers off you'd be none the wiser of a broken belt.
just makin sure. and it would be obvious to someone that knows wat to look for.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

I had time yesterday to check the timing and it is dead on so I am back to don't know why I don't have spark or fuel???? I have spent about ten hours on trouble shooting this I herd it might be tps sensor bad but I will try that later just I have bought a brand new main relay brand new td02u dizzy tried 2 different computers check all fuses check all relays. I am getting fuel to the rail but not threw the injectors. when I disconnect the fuel pressure regulator turn the key it comes out like a fountain a high pressure fountain. and no spark what can it be I am about to drop it off at a shop and I know its going to cost me but I have done everything that I can think of. I also have 135 compression and the timing is on from the top dead center to the cam everything is lined up. Does anyone have any Ideas??? Has any one ever ran into this problem before? The man that had it before me said he was just driving it and it just cut off. This is also a 100% stock crx si nothing done to it after markt wise yet. I am ordering all my parts for a mini me swap but I want to make sure it runs first to make sure the wiring is right. I need some really good advice this is driving me crazy.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

might be a newbie advice but could be a bad ground somewhere
rbrtrebollar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrtrebollar View Post
might be a newbie advice but could be a bad ground somewhere
Just going to say that or suggest it anyways this sounds like a bad ground issue if no spark. you ever check the spark plugs make sure they smell like gas? just to make sure incetors are working and nothings clogged. and besides a ground id check to see if none of your pins to the distrib are loose read up on some of those cases where a pin suplying power became loose and yea no spark......
classiccarsrule85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 11 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up

are you sure that you're getting both no spark and no fuel?

have you tried sparking the plug wire to a bolt or something to see if it is making a spark?

after turning it over and removing a spark plug, can you smell fuel in the cylinder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bense View Post
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.
My FS Thread
My WTB Thread
jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2008, 02:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Yes I have no spark and no fuel on the spark plug after turning the motor over I Have check my grounds and I installed the brand new dizzy I check all my connections. When the guy was driving it it just cut off. But when I do turn the motor over and over I finally get a code and the code is tdc sensor but everyhting is new and lined up??? So has anyone ever had this problem it's got to be something really simple.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

I had a 90 civic do the same thing but it ended being a fuse. double check the fuses
rbrtrebollar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 guscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Boratguscivic smells like Borat

spark...could be main relay...dizzy..ground...and or bad ecu...
fuel....fuel pump...main relay...

and ofcourse fuses
I buy from Americans cause I want the us economy to be #1 f china and f euros
guscivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification