HOW TO: Wire Speeduino standalone ecu to your Honda - Page 2 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 5 evo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
you can find dead ecu's on ebay for any obd1 4 cyl honda for dirt cheap. Doesnt need only D series ecu's
It doesn't even have to be a Honda ecu. When i built my "PNP" Speeduino i used a Toyota 4agze corolla ecu case. Pretty much most 90s obd1 Japanese ecu cases work. Just double check before hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I know the miata 1.6liter cars used the same plastic plug base

diy-autotune has a list of comparable plugs, or at least used to, if its gone.

1997 Civic DX coupe ATX
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

why swap? build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 06:31 AM   #23 (permalink)

Rep Power: 1 Projekt2nr is almost a somebodyProjekt2nr is almost a somebodyProjekt2nr is almost a somebodyProjekt2nr is almost a somebody

for sure, luckily up here by Rapids FVIM salvage has a ton of honda acura's in the yard i can probably snag a ecu for $5. i cot a rear disc conversion for my coupe off a gsr for $40 if i pulled it which i did, pillows were shot and it had megan camber, motors are $150 for acles harness and trans included they have a z6 there with vtec blocked off i wanna take a closer look at before i decide to pull it, they pull them for you also but not guaranteed no damage when they do it
Projekt2nr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2016, 07:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Fast_Eddie is a name known to allFast_Eddie is a name known to allFast_Eddie is a name known to allFast_Eddie is a name known to allFast_Eddie is a name known to allFast_Eddie is a name known to allFast_Eddie is a name known to allFast_Eddie is a name known to allFast_Eddie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_lucian View Post
If you planning on doing the installation in a stock ecu case ,I would do a P06 since they are cheap and plentiful.

I am more than happy to explain anything that is still unclear. I have another speeding ecu that I am planning on installing in a stock ecu case, I suppose I can get a few pics and make it a full DIY write up for you guys.

I assembled and soldered my ecu myself so it was a bit cheaper for me but this is what it cost as far as I can recall

V0.4 PCB $15
Components for PCB $85
IDC breakout board $8
VR conditioner $20

So about $130 give or take but I did all the assembly and soldering myself. Now a days you can buy fully assembled boards for about $145 and it comes with a free assembled VR conditioner IIRC. Throw in another $50 for misc stuff and you set.
Looks like I've got some reading to do! This seems like a pretty fun task to take on over the winter plus there's a lot to be learned. I'm also not afraid to do some soldering, and am always up for a challenge!

I saw yours and Icarus's posts on the speeduino forum all the info out there is great!
Fast_Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
n00b

Can you link any recommended speeduino reading?
dpaqu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 5 evo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow upevo_lucian is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaqu View Post
Can you link any recommended speeduino reading?
What exactly are you looking to read up on ? Anything specific ? Start with the wiki page
http://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino

The forums have a wealth of knowledge also
Speeduino - Index page
Old 12-13-2016, 04:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Looks like I've got some reading to do! This seems like a pretty fun task to take on over the winter plus there's a lot to be learned. I'm also not afraid to do some soldering, and am always up for a challenge!

I saw yours and Icarus's posts on the speeduino forum all the info out there is great!
Let me know If I can help you with anything
Old 12-14-2016, 04:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

nice write up man,,

I have been super lazy about this stuff lately..
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2016, 05:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
n00b

From the Wiki page..."6x6 3D individual cylinder trim on engines up to 4 cylinders"

What does the 6x6 mean? Individual cylinder trim is sorta self explanatory.

It doesn't say on the Wiki page but the forum says it now supports ethanol sensor input. If so that's pretty handy.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

6x6 individual cylinder trim means that you get a 6x6 table where you can use that yo add or remove fuel from any particular cylinder. So if cylinder 3 is running lean then you can choose to add 10 % fuel yo just that cylinder.

Ethanol or fuel support is now available so you can do flex fuel control so the ecu can automatically compensate for ethanol content in your fuel tank
Old 12-15-2016, 12:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoof View Post
nice write up man,,

I have been super lazy about this stuff lately..
Thanks man I have been super lazy about it myself for the last couple months. I figured I better get it done and over with
Old 12-19-2016, 06:08 AM   #32 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the quick reply!!

How is the self tuning process going? Any tips?
Old 12-20-2016, 06:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Autotune is working great, it makes the tuning process a lot quicker and easier. Tips for autotune ? Always start off with a rich fuel map and trim from there. Another tip for autotune, don't use autotune to tune idle portion of the map. Set that manually and then lock the cells you idle at and lock 1 row of cells above and below the cells you idle in. Does that make any sense ?
Old 12-22-2016, 06:58 AM   #34 (permalink)
n00b

Yes it does. Interesting that auto tune won't do idle. Are you tuning idle to a specific A/F ratio? It would seem you could really lean out a warm idle.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I have had it tune idle and it generally gets get 80% there but it always almost needs a lil tweaking to get it just right.

I usually tune idle for highest vacuum (lowest number) within my target idle speed ( about 900 rpm) . right now my car idles at 24kpa at about 950 rpm. AFR is somewhere around 14.2:1 IIRC.

Despite what the internet says you do not tune idle for any specific AFR. You tune for greatest vacuum within your target idle speed
Old 12-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #36 (permalink)
n00b

950rpm? That might be my strategy to avoid stalling/surging. Did you get your idle squared away before adding boost? Does the AC mess with the idle?

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:42 AM   #37 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I don't have an idle control valve hooked up so 950 rpm is a happy medium since if I go any lower, the rpm would be too low to keep the car running on cold starts. When I eventually hook up the idle control valve soon, I will definitely tune it for lower idle.

I had my car running and tuned naturally aspirated before I went turbo. It doesn't really make a difference really since I can wipe my MAP and start from scratch and still end up with similar tunes.

I don't have AC so I can't tell if it affects idle but I can tell you that if it did , I am sure you can tune around it
Old 01-10-2017, 09:48 PM   #38 (permalink)

Rep Power: 1 Projekt2nr is almost a somebodyProjekt2nr is almost a somebodyProjekt2nr is almost a somebodyProjekt2nr is almost a somebody

have you tried bluetooth im curious to see if this will work with tunerview Bluetooth Master UART Board Communication Module- 4 Needle Blue | eBay
Projekt2nr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 07:20 AM   #39 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I personally am not using Bluetooth but other users are using it successfully. A basic eBay hC05 slave Bluetooth module is all you need. Cost under $5 last time I checked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.