Ectune vs Neptune - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 5 d16auto  is accepted as part of the communityd16auto  is accepted as part of the communityd16auto  is accepted as part of the communityd16auto  is accepted as part of the community
Default Ectune vs Neptune

Which is a better platform to learn from, easy to tune and get a nice boosted daily driver setup from?

I'm truly loosing faith in the intelligence of honda owners everywhere.
My Build-->>http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ml#post2558175
d16auto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!
snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!

I prefer the UI on Ectune, but the support "seems" to be much, much better with Neptune.

I ended up getting Neptune because of the licensing debacle with Ectune a few years back. I like Neptune for the most part.

There are a few Ectune users on here, so hopefully they will chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
I like balls.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!
Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!

Crome Pro
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 5 d16auto  is accepted as part of the communityd16auto  is accepted as part of the communityd16auto  is accepted as part of the communityd16auto  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
Crome Pro
Thats what ma car was tuned on, but I want to start to learn to tune myself, So i'm looking to seeing, which one is better to learn off.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is about to kiss the skyJaredKaragen is about to kiss the skyJaredKaragen is about to kiss the skyJaredKaragen is about to kiss the skyJaredKaragen is about to kiss the skyJaredKaragen is about to kiss the skyJaredKaragen is about to kiss the sky

Just mind you, if you compare; compare demon versions only to keep it up to par. This sidesteps ostrich licensing woes.

They are quite equal.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 4 monster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunnamonster111 is da #1 stunna

s300 v2
monster111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 10 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano

im on neptune and love it. granted i didnt tune my own car, but ive had no issues with it at all...and my cars been on it for over 3 years.

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 SOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatnessSOHCitTOem is approaching greatness

I've owned eCtune for a long time now. The UI IMO is much better than neptune. Everything seems more intuative (spelling). Btw I might be selling my setup pm if your interested.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Neptune is "better" in that you can actually get support from HRTuning. Calvin (ECTune's proprietor) is a douchetard with the regular update stupidity. However, ECTune is really very well done.

Crome, even Crome Pro is outdated, unsupported by the programmer and really should be put out to pasture. I dislike it immensely.

I would prefer to tune on Neptune over just about everything else, but will never buy a Demon, so until Neptune comes in an Ostrich version again, I'll not be using it.

Don't ()*#$(*$ PM me unless I ask you to.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

How To Tune OBD0 with TurboEdit

My fab blog.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....

Its been a while since I've read about this but does ectune offer real time programability? I always thought that was a cool feature for Neptune.

I was always under the assumption that Neptune was more user friendly.....but looking back, I remember a similar statement to what Beaver said. Better customer service.

Brave, I'm curious, why wont you purchase a demon board? Pricing or some other reason?
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Neptune is "better" in that you can actually get support from HRTuning. Calvin (ECTune's proprietor) is a douchetard with the regular update stupidity. However, ECTune is really very well done.

Crome, even Crome Pro is outdated, unsupported by the programmer and really should be put out to pasture. I dislike it immensely.

I would prefer to tune on Neptune over just about everything else, but will never buy a Demon, so until Neptune comes in an Ostrich version again, I'll not be using it.
whats wrong with the demon, why wouldn't u buy one?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Currently nothing supports it for OBD0.

I have an Ostrich already. I am not buying another thing that does what I can already do.

I'll state for the record that the Demon is )(#*($#* awesome. I just can't use it for my primary tuning focus.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

My fab blog.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Currently nothing supports it for OBD0.

I have an Ostrich already. I am not buying another thing that does what I can already do.

I'll state for the record that the Demon is )(#*($#* awesome. I just can't use it for my primary tuning focus.
Given your reputation on here I should have known that. I might copy and paste that into the "stupidest question" thread.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Given your reputation on here I should have known that. I might copy and paste that into the "stupidest question" thread.
lol yea i really thought there was something about it that wasn't good.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Nope. I just highly dislike OBD1 conversions, especially with something I've been helping with lately. heh heh heh

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

My fab blog.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano

Have you ever done any type of tuning before? I started with carbs. It was super easy to translate that to Fuel injection. I don't recommend anybody start learning to tune with out knowing the basics.
All the tuning programs out there are similar and can screw your car up pretty quickly. I use Neptune RPT and it is super user friendly compared to some thing like Mega Squirt or TwEECer for Ford
1968 MGB vintage autox car
www.pahillclimb.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
dirty D's... done dirt cheap.
90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JR at Hrtuning has helped me before. Good guy. I stumbled on these a few weeks back trying to find out the same thing.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90civichillclimber View Post
Have you ever done any type of tuning before? I started with carbs. It was super easy to translate that to Fuel injection. I don't recommend anybody start learning to tune with out knowing the basics.
All the tuning programs out there are similar and can screw your car up pretty quickly. I use Neptune RPT and it is super user friendly compared to some thing like Mega Squirt or TwEECer for Ford
Well ive kinda goofed around in hondata and adjusted a few table by doing live datalog and watching ma afrs. Also played around in Evoscan and ECuFlash for evo. I have a few basic, just need to properly understand the program and see what I can learn from there.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
The House that Trevor Built.

Rep Power: 50 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I love ectune, its an AWESOME program. im totally happy with it. but i wouldnt recommend it because you cant buy it anymore. LOL

Support is no more.

Neptune is everything that ectune is, plus awesome support. go neptune!!

ive used s300 as well, and honestly, the hardware was nice, but the software was JANK!!!

Playin Sega and Slammin Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
I love ectune, its an AWESOME program. im totally happy with it. but i wouldnt recommend it because you cant buy it anymore. LOL

Support is no more.

Neptune is everything that ectune is, plus awesome support. go neptune!!

ive used s300 as well, and honestly, the hardware was nice, but the software was JANK!!!
Yes to me the s300 wasn't that user friendly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification