Ectune vs Neptune - Page 2 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....

Smanager blows. Period.

I dislike the demon because of constant emi disconnect issues. Start a pull, loose logging at about 6200rpm. Very annoying. Plus crome doesn't support it properly; and nobody wants to write a logger protocol for obd0 to make it work (they will probably port the Crome protocol).

I myself wish I could have my ostrich and Neptune along with Ectune. When I want to tune a customers car, my ostrich setup is reliable with all softwares; then I upload the calibration to their emulator and don't worry about disconnects.

I do plan to get a demon with licensing for both softwares; this way of I want anti start, upload Neptune, etc. Also would be nice for my ecu test bench. As I like to find bugs in software.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!
snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
I love ectune, its an AWESOME program. im totally happy with it. but i wouldnt recommend it because you cant buy it anymore. LOL

Support is no more.

Neptune is everything that ectune is, plus awesome support. go neptune!!

ive used s300 as well, and honestly, the hardware was nice, but the software was JANK!!!
Gonna have to agree about SManager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
I like balls.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 18 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

i saw the ectune debacle coming from a mile away, i tried the program and found that neptune had a few features i liked better. Mainly the anti-theft and the self help guides within the software. Neptune is the best tuning platform ive used to date.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 point78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regularpoint78 is obviously a regular

I've only used Neptune, it was pretty easy to learn.

Like others are saying, the support is really good. Every time I've asked a question on his forum, I've gotten a response back very quickly. Usually within 20-30 minutes.
point78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 7 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up

Neptune Pros:
I tune with Neptune. We set Dyno Records with it. And even won the Nationals with it. I am also a Neptune Dealer.
Support is good. As in he will respond to all your e-mails. May even add a feature if you ask for it.

Neptune Cons:
But I dont know if its just me but the dam thing hangs all the time.
Never had a single hang or s/w crash with Chrome + Ostrich.

Also a lot of times when you go to download the logs it will go upto 99% and hang.
First I thought it was my laptop so I upgraded to a i7 IBM W520. But it still behaves the same.

I like the look and feel off Smanager. But after what they did to PGMFI.ORG wont touch their product.

I also like the look and feel of ectune. Plus it has some features you do not see in Nepune. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Sometimes if Im confused with a Neptune feature I will chk it out in ectune or smanager because the options and menu texts are easier to understand.

Why cant you buy ectune. I just downloaded a copy from their site.

On the Daemon:
I got superb support form David @ Moates net. One of the few companies that treated us with respect. When he heard we had a possible failure with one of the boards. He sent me a replacement to reach in time for the races even before I could return the blown unit. Very different from the support we got form Bisi Moto.

I have no idea why Crome + Ostrich is so stable. After all EMI / EFI should be the same for what ever solution you run right ?
One thing is for sure. I doubt we would have made this kind of power on Chrome.

My only dream is that he will compile neptune on a native windows compiler. Im sure it will run much better.

If you have a mac. I would just buy neptune and call it a day.
Yeah it helps if you've been building and tuning carbed engines for a decade or two. But its not a must have skill. Tuning EFI at least the basic stuff is dead easy.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 17 98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano
98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano98CiviCn00b is hot as a volcano

I have eCtune and i like it, surprisingly calvin has been very helpful to me and has been very prompt to my needs in these past 2 weeks. I just wish he would finish the program ie anti theft and stuff. If i were you i would probably look into neptune though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyM View Post
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdc View Post
I have no idea why Crome + Ostrich is so stable. After all EMI / EFI should be the same for what ever solution you run right ?
One thing is for sure. I doubt we would have made this kind of power on Chrome.
Can you explain what you mean here. I'm a bit lost sorry.

Do you mean that the combination of chrome and an ostrich works well no problems but you are able to make more power with Neptune and a demon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Exodus191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #28 (permalink)
rdc
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 7 rdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow uprdc is about to blow up

Yes that what Im saying. I never had a single hang or issue with ostrich + Chrome.
But if you want to make serious power. Chrome just dont cut it. I cant explain why.
Its not like we did back to back tests or anything just a gut feeling. The second I switched to Neptune the car seemed to respond better.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 5 d16auto is almost a somebodyd16auto is almost a somebodyd16auto is almost a somebodyd16auto is almost a somebody

Kool, thanks guys for all the advice, think I'll go with the Neptune

I'm truly loosing faith in the intelligence of honda owners everywhere.
My Build-->>http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ml#post2558175
d16auto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Ron, before I have an apoplectic fit: CROME. Not Chrome. That is almost as maddening as VTECH.

CROME stands for Cui's ROM Editor, just in case anyone didn't know that.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

How To Tune OBD0 with TurboEdit

My fab blog.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 26 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Ron, before I have an apoplectic fit: CROME. Not Chrome. That is almost as maddening as VTECH.

CROME stands for Cui's ROM Editor, just in case anyone didn't know that.
learned something new today heh

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #32 (permalink)

Thanks guys, great info.
I love Neptune's interface. My only problem with it is that it doesn't support the ostrich.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Exodus191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #33 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 11 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all

Use the software whose proprietor won't fuck you.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/membe...lio-53893.html
Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Bother HRTuning about the Ostrich version. It has been intimated that if enough people bother them about it, it will happen.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

My fab blog.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....

Quote:
Bother HRTuning about the Ostrich version. It has been intimated that if enough people bother them about it, it will happen.
I'm holding out hopes for this.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
The House that Trevor Built.

Rep Power: 50 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

they wont be releasing an ostrich version any time soon.

rdc, you got lucky with crome. it freezes more than any program ive ever used, and there are more tricks to make it work than i care to remember.

Playin Sega and Slammin Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
Dyno tuning/welding/fabrication/installations
Evolution Auto Performance - 604.460.7969
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 5 d16auto is almost a somebodyd16auto is almost a somebodyd16auto is almost a somebodyd16auto is almost a somebody

Quote:

rdc, you got lucky with crome. it freezes more than any program ive ever used, and there are more tricks to make it work than i care to remember.
yea this ive seen personally when my tuner getting it to work and datalog

I'm truly loosing faith in the intelligence of honda owners everywhere.
My Build-->>http://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ml#post2558175
d16auto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredKaragen View Post
I'm holding out hopes for this.
Don't just hope, bother them incessantly. The more people bother them, the more motivated they will be to bring it back to market. There is even a possibility of "trading in" an ECTUNE license for a discount.

Quote:

BOOOOOO! Maybe true, but bother them! Seriously.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

My fab blog.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I know; I'll send a message to hr; I remember long threads on pgmfi

I love having ectune; only played with Neptune once do I can't say much more than its solid.

I haven't had many issues with Crome in a while. Only when my ostrich can't be devendorized by ectune. That's it.

I've also had huge issues logging with my innovate thru ectune. Luckily my tuning ecu has a analog cable wired in so I can still get an afr the old way.... But if I'm in the passenger seat logworks works fine as a standby.

I just need to get my hands on an emulator with Neptune and start playing with it; I've wanted to for a bit.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #40 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Danz:

pgmfi.org • Login

So . . . yeah.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

My fab blog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification