mtx-l help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 40 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv
Default mtx-l help

ok got my wideband in today got it in the car went by the instructions calibrated it like it says to ect ect.

hook it all up ect ect

start the car and get error 9. so i find it has low voltage. no biggie i fix that problem. start the car again and the gauge is reading 22.XX maxed out pretty much.

you think i should pull the sensor and recalibrate it or you think cause the tune is so far off??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I would recalibrate and if it doesnt fix check your wiring again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 40 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieBert View Post
I would recalibrate and if it doesnt fix check your wiring again.
ya prob have to

as for the wiring it cant be wrong its all plug and play and 1 ground and 1 positive wire lol.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 12 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

the white wire is for your headlights to dim it at night. If you do not use that feauture hook it to a ground. I believe it needs to be grounded as well. But as stated above recalibrate and check wiring. I dont know if that white wire would affect your readings but i know innovate say it needs to be hooked up
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....

Is that reading threw the mtx or your ems?

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

white wire is grounded.

just recalibrated it and same thing pegs out at 22.4

threw the gauge i dont have any way to read ems

Old 08-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Maybe bad sensor? Does the car feel like its running that lean?

Quote:

Old 08-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

well it is 6:1 so...... lol

Old 08-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano

Put a multi-meter on the analog out

My car hates me.

Zer0DazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

those wires arnt hooked up

Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 20 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

Yeah, atmospheric is 5V IIRC, or close to it. See if that's what it's reading on the output.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
those wires arnt hooked up
or should i check them anyway even though not being used

Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 20 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx

It will tell you how much voltage it's putting out.

< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotic_crx View Post
It will tell you how much voltage it's putting out.
Exactly

Put a multi-meter on the analog out. You will see if the gauge matches the output... it should with that unit being that the controller is the gauge.

My car hates me.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

there are 2 plugs 4 pin each one labeled out other in. then 2 loose wires one yellow one brown

i couldnt get a constant reading form the loose wires nor the 4 pin out plug.
it would just jump all over the place

Old 08-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

There should be 2 analog outs on that unit, and I believe they are both programmable like the LC-1. Your reading from both should around.

1 might be a 0-5v and the other 0-1v by default, but that is just a guess.

My car hates me.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

tell me what to probe

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...Manual_1.1.pdf

Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Dude, page 4

4. Optionally, the YELLOW (Analog out 1) and/or BROWN (Analog out 2) can be
connected to the analog inputs of other devices such as data loggers or ECUs. If
either one or both of these wires are not being used isolate and tape the wire(s) out
of the way. The default analog outputs are as follows: Analog output one (yellow) is
0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39 AFR. Analog output two (brown) is 1.1V = 14 AFR
and .1V = 15 AFR. This is a simulated narrowband signal.

(I was right about the output)
read pages 9-11 to learn how to program them

You owe me a pint for the leg work

My car hates me.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

dude you owe me something cause i posted this already lol

Quote:
there are 2 plugs 4 pin each one labeled out other in. then 2 loose wires one yellow one brown

i couldnt get a constant reading form the loose wires nor the 4 pin out plug.
it would just jump all over the place

Old 08-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
dude you owe me something cause i posted this already lol
I read that, and I was right in my assumption that you had no idea what they were.

RTFM

You will NOT get a constant reading from them, you are not supposed to. You should get a reading (in voltage) that matches what is being displayed on your gauge. If not then there is an issue with the display/controller.

read pages 9-11 like I said to program your outputs, and put a multi-meter on one of outputs. It will give you a voltage that will move around, but the 0-5V shouldn't move more than 1v. You can convert that voltage to a AFR based on the way you programmed that output, and then you can see if it matches the display (give or take a little).

If everything is working properly then the analog outputs should match what is being displayed on the gauge.

2 pints

My car hates me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.