Innovative MTX-L Wiring questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face Innovative MTX-L Wiring questions

Hello all,

I recently bought the Innovative MTX-L wideband, heard many great things about it and how easy it is to wire up but I am actually a bit confused on wiring it up properly to the ecu. I am currently using the Hondata S300 p28 ecu, have this installed on a 98 ek hatch. The problem I'm having is that I have the feeling that I do not have it completely wired correctly to the ECU. I currently have the analog 1 wire running to D10 and that's it. Attatched is an image of my settings on the ecu. Am I forgetting to wire something else or do some type of extra wiring? Are my settings wrong. I did find something on the AEM but I dont think the wiring is the same. Any help would be great.
Greatly Appreciated,
Jerry AKA SuperBad
Attached Thumbnails
Innovative MTX-L Wiring questions-ecuwbset.jpg  
BoostedEJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

theidealone It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Well, Im no tuner, so I dont know about your settings so much. But anyways...

You didnt list any "problems". What is your issue?

D10 is where you want to connect your wideband output. There should be power, ground, narrowband output, wideband output, etc. The wideband goes to D10 as you stated. Now, if you want to run in closed loop (where the ECU makes adjustments to your tune, as stock- normally under certain load settings, and anything above, it switches to open loop), you either need to run the narrowband output to the stock O2 pin (D14), unless you have the stock sensor in. Then I would run the stock for closed loop applications (narrowband). But you obviously need 2 bungs and both sensors at the same time, for that.

Now, if you dont have narrowband hooked up, you need to uncheck the closed loop operations (although, I DO think S300 now has the ability to read narrowband off of the wideband input/output, so you can run only one wire. But Im no tuner, so I cant say that for fact).

[EDIT] Yea, you could leave it with only D10 hooked up. Now, you either need to turn off closed loop, or check the box to run wideband input for closed loop.

Last edited by theidealone; 07-30-2011 at 12:11 AM.
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Is there any specific settings I need to apply when checking that off? You actually answered my question. And also would I be disconnecting any of the narrowband wires or would leaving them connected cause not cause any problems.
BoostedEJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification