91 civic hatch. d16z6 swap. need help. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Default 91 civic hatch. d16z6 swap. need help.

hello everyone. ive never really been a forum person, however theyve always got an answer that works. ive built a 98 hatch in the past that i put a y8 in with high compression and other fun stuff. i do have some d series knowledge. onto my problem.

ive got a 91 hatch dx, orginally dpfi. i bought a d16z6 complete with zc trans, a conversion harness, and a obd0-obd1 ecu jumper harness, and a p28 ecu.

me and my buddy (who built his daily driver crvtec teg) put everything in and together. it all seems legit, but when i start it, it wont hold an idle, its bogging and like choking, revs real choppy, and doesnt fully rev out, it bounces low to mid rpms.

im throwing codes 9-cylinder no1 position, 10-air intake temp, 14-idle air control, 16-fuel injector

motors good, dizzy is good, ecu is good. ive narrowed it down to wiring.

ive read a few things about moving c pins to b pins for a mpfi conversion. i didnt do this yet because i just found it out. what i want to know is this, even with a conversion harness and jumper harness, do those pins still need to be moved around?
just spray it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 13 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!

did you check all of your vaccum hoses? make sure there isnt any leaks

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

no leaks. theres 2 hoses on the firewall or bulkhead whichever you prefer that went from the og map sensor stuff that i just rerouted and gave them vaccum. also does the og map sensor stay plugged in? i cant imagine so.

the hoses i speak of orginally went into the intake mani for the dpfi.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

bouncing on low rpms has happened to me when the iacv is not plugged in and you have code 14 with means its not plugged in... check that out and see if it fixes it
crows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

so youre going to tell me that my ait isnt plugged in either? or my fuel injectors for that matter? no, its all plugged in. like i said, everything is hooked up. you think i didnt check my connections 18 times over? the pins, all i want to know about are those god damn pins. and its pouring rain where im at so that experiment is waiting for no rain. does anyone have an answer to the question i asked? no what could be wrong. but the pins. this is the reason i dont go on forums. im asking about the pins and getting answers back about the iac valve. lets stick to my topic and question before we do that. the pins please.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 bullridingndn will become famous soon enoughbullridingndn will become famous soon enough

search then, lmao....
bullridingndn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullridingndn View Post
search then, lmao....
once again, the reason im not a fan of forums. people like yourself that doesnt even try to help, you say search. you should stick to riding bulls because you obviously dont read very well considering i said "ive read a few things". do me a favor guy, if youre going to skim over it and not read it and then tell me to go search, dont post. im looking for help, not assholes who cant. now, back to the thread. as soon as the rain stops im going out to move pins around. results soon hopefully
Old 04-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

im sry, i did not say this right, if its plugged then obviously the signal isn't getting to the ecu and thus the low rpm bouncing im just saying the iacv signal not getting to the ecu is what causes most of the time the low rpm bouncing and you getting a code 14 confirms it, the ecu is not getting the iacv signal, now to help you with this check this article it might help

OBD0 - OBD1 Conversion harness: REV C

i have not done this conversion myself so cannot say about changing the pins from c to b but i would start by getting the manuals for both years and checking the ecu pin out to see if u do need to change it the problem is you have a conversion harness and jumper which might already do that for you but i'm not 100% sure... the article says some wires need to be added because obd0 doesn't have those sensors..maybe you did that already..

you can download the manual from:

Honda / Acura Manuals - Hondahookup.com

just create account and download

im just trying to help man to point out that maybe its other problems you are having and not the pin change because you already have a conversion harness..you have to check it all to be sure.
crows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

I just did that swap..I gotta 91 sedan. What injectors are you running? I had to upgrade my fuel pump and I used the stock injectors with the z6 manifold...Im still a noob to this as this was my first swap, but if your using the low impedence injectors u need a resistor box. Perhaps that is it?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

stock z6 injectors and my car was originally dpfi. and i tried the pin change and that didnt help. im really very lost in this matter. i was told the car is running in lean mode. nobody in my area that builds honda thats seen and heard the car run can figure it out and this has been going on for the last 2 weeks almost, researching and trouble shooting. and nothings worked.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Default pin outs

ECU Pinouts If you think you have a vacume leak, make a vacume leak or if it might be the iavc, unplug it and see if any thing changes. If nothing changes you might be on the right track. It couldbe as simple as a bad crimp on one of the pins, only got insulation and no copper. Good luck
crocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

im 100% convinced its the wiring harness, either the jumper or the engine. so im going to make my own, so i know it works. im shit with wires, but itll be an adventure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification