Crome plugins... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Crome plugins...

just wondering....

i've read on tunewithcrome.com that there were plugins for obd0 ecu's used in crome.

are those plugins build in crome, or can i just dl them elsewhere??

i've a burn 2 programmer.
is it just reading the chip with my burner, make some ajustments and burn the map back on the chip?????

any input would be apreciated
go fast d-series is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

i dont think the obd0 pulgins actually work. they were an idea, but im pretty sure you cant tune a boosted obd0 engine with Crome

i could be wrong though, i havent messed with obd0 in forever

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

my tuner uses bre when he tunes something obd0... and i know he prefers crome over bre.. id venture to say if you could use crome on obd0 hed already be doing it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TING View Post
jimmy runs this bitch
jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

BRE or TurboEdit

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

tnx for the input guys.
the reason i ask this, is cause i'm having mayor prob with burning a pwo mugen map to an 27sf512 chip.
i've been told to burn the map on the top half of the chip or by putting an extra dummie file on the same chip together with the bin file.

can anyone make this clear for me??
Old 09-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 7 89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle89civichxftw is fly like an eagle

It used to say this on Ben's FAQ but i cant seem to find it...

1996 Toyota 4runner SR5=best truck evar!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
ya for real how hard is it to open the lid pull the fuse scratch ur balls for 10 seconds then put the fuse back and close the lid lol
89civichxftw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 6 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular

If you got the mugen map on ebay or off line or some dude it is more then likely not a mugen map. I have got some so called mugen maps and thy are all over the place and set up poorly. If I was you I would just start with a good pw0 base and tune from there.

Go to
Xenocron PGMFI BIN Download Zone
or
PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Library . EcuDefinitionCodes

The only time I use crome and obdo is to export obdo ignition maps. It will open obdo bins but I have never tried burning one. Bre is you best bet for a pw0.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email shadetreebr@yahoo.com or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

ok.
i already have the pw0 base map.

but here is the case:

ecu pw0 (chipped)
editor BRE
burner burn2
program flash & burn

using my ''mugen'' chip, the car will run completely normal.
when i burn another chip with a stock basemap for a pw0 ecu and put it in my ecu, i'll get a solid cell (limp mode) and the car wont rev past 3,5k rpm.

what am i doing wrong???
is there any settings i should change in BRE or in flash & burn???
Old 09-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

What's is your starting and ending addresses in your burner? Only time I run 2 programs on 1 chip is when I use a 2 timer... if you put 2 programs on 1 chip it will run on the first one I believe or it might not work at all. I forget, I use my two timer all the time for my nitrous maps. Burn it with turboedit. I have never had an issue with turboedit but I use bre also but now only to control speed limit for 2 step deactivation.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

chip adres
00FFFF

buffer adres
007FFF

i'm not trying to burn 2 program on one chip.
i just want a good burned chip to run my pw0.
i'm using 27sf512 from xenocron
btw....pwo does not support turbo edit bin files....or am i wrong???
Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 6 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular

what cel code is it? did you clear it and try again?
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email shadetreebr@yahoo.com or pm
Old 09-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #12 (permalink)

it is a solid cell. so no blinking at all.(limp mode)
i've been told to burn a second file together with the bin file on the same chip because pw0's has some prob with reading large memory chips. (27sf512 from xenocron)
an other option i've read is, is to burn the map on the tophalf of the chip??? anyone know something about those 2 theorie's????
Old 09-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Ok so ya its your chip, your chip burner, the program, the bin, The ecu (I think you have ruled this out) or you are putting the chip in backwards ( I think we can rule this out to).

You have your check sum disabled? Sorry donít know bre to its full extent. I know thy do have a check box for check sum though.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

you cannot use turboedit for an obd0 vtec ecu. Bre was the only one even loosely compatible, and i don't think bre has been updated in years. The crome plugins were only ever hacks, so i wouldn't use them or rely on them at all. Bre is your only hope.

Here is the first step to atleast attempt getting your car to run. You should download the stock pw0 binary that is unchanged and try to get the car to run on that first.
with the stock pw0 map from pgmfi, you should be able to burn a chip where the first 256k of data should be all zeros, and the last 256k should be the pw0 binary. The burn 2 has a setting to do that, so hunt around in the software. It may even do it automatically if set the eeprom type being burned to the 29sf512 chip.

For what it is worth, I have had some strange problems using the 512k chips with only one map in the past, and it was related to the shitty eeprom burner i was using. I have heard only good things about the moates unit though..

Start there, and worry about map modification and rom editing later. one thing at a time. As a final note, you should look at converting to obd1, because it will be less drama in the long run for tuning and modification. My suggestion is to run the ecu stock pw0 code until you can afford to go obd1.
sanimalp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification