Is 10mm overkill for spark plug wires on a stock ignition? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 sohchx is learning the way of the Dsohchx is learning the way of the D
Default Is 10mm overkill for spark plug wires on a stock ignition?

I want new aftermarket wires but 10 mm sounds to be overkill on stock ignition.I will be upgrading to MSD soon so maybe I could use them anyway?The car is boosting also if that matters.What should I look for?

DONATE TO THE D!! I DID
I don't dislike swaps.....But why buy it when you can build it? SOHC
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

stock wires are used on 500hp cars, why would you need to "upgrade"

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 38 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
I agree with this man.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweezil View Post
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
cause they have cool ground leads!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 50 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

get the ngk oem wires, they work perfect.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=17947

1996 Integra Project Car:http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/72073-1996-integra-ls-sedan-pics-1-21-14-jdm-front-5-lug-auto-manual.html
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!
BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!BLK92_D16 is the fucking MAN!!!!

If you get them in a kit, fine...use them. But don't go out of your way to get some if yours already work fine. Just my opinion.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

10mm OMG!!!

i think that 8mm is overkill with a stock ignition system...hell NGK high performance is only 7mm (i think, or last i remember )

stick with stock wire size for stock ignition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanInFlipFlops View Post
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 sohchx is learning the way of the Dsohchx is learning the way of the D

Is it beneficial to run an aftermarket ignition on a boosted setup?I had MSD SCI on my Y8 coupe which was N/A and didn't realy notice a difference besides a little better acceleration and lower gas mileage LOL.I am asking because I have stock wires and they are waaaaay overdue for a change so instead of buying OEM I wanted a little better performance without buying ricey super thick wires.Whats the part number for these NGK's you guys speak of?

DONATE TO THE D!! I DID
I don't dislike swaps.....But why buy it when you can build it? SOHC

Last edited by sohchx; 02-13-2008 at 12:29 PM.
sohchx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohchx View Post
Is it beneficial to run an aftermarket ignition on a boosted setup?I had MSD SCI on my Y8 coupe which was N/A and didn't realy notice a difference besides a little better acceleration and lower gas mileage LOL.
stock ignition is also capable of 400-500 hp
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 sl@sh smells like Boratsl@sh smells like Boratsl@sh smells like Boratsl@sh smells like Boratsl@sh smells like Borat

Quote:

2nd that! , ive personally seen 400+ sohc boosted motors running stock ignition/oem wires..

hmmm but the 10mm myt work for towing the car? lol
Old 02-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
get the ngk oem wires, they work perfect.
end of thread........
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 9 AJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regularAJxr is obviously a regular

id say not beneficial, but yes they will do they job just fine.
forged ls-vtec, itr cams, holset cranked. 1?.?? @ 1??.??
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series.org Sponsor

Rep Power: 11 exospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Boratexospeedracing smells like Borat

overkill in myopinion.

we're using NGK wires... turbo b-ser making 740hp.
PLEASE send all PMs to greasemonkey89 I do not visit the forum as often as I could these days. He will be able to help with questions regarding Exospeed products. Thanks.
exospeedracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

The 10mm look cool though, hahahahaha
1991 DA9
1992 CB7
1988 CRX Si
1995 EJ1 JDM D15B VTEC

asucivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

there is a 800hp+ single here and hs is using a stock ignition and bore and stroke lol
bwek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 11 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwek View Post
there is a 800hp+ single here and hs is using a stock ignition and bore and stroke lol
link/pics/vids or it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bense View Post
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.
My FS Thread
My WTB Thread
jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jew View Post
link/pics/vids or it didn't happen.
Lmao why would I lie? he is in the toronto ontario area i'll see if i can find a vid
bwek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....
BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....BigJnWorldWide Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Because they look so cool in the parts catalogue.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna

oem honda wires or ngk wires

I ♥ my Honda
http://fjdistributors.com/product_in...roducts_id=142
WWW.GO-AUTOWORKS-STORE.COM
http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html
(Bisimoto Engineering)

Alittle Nitrous feed ls coming in 2013
DD 95 integra- intake,fx200 clutchmasters clutch, more to come
Rip 92 civic dx fo do
90zchatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

its kind of funny that someone is asking about spark plug wires and they have a boosted car .. but its whatever, stick with stock or like Levi said, go with NGK's

If I see you rep me, I will rep back
Civic98KH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification