Mugen Valve Cover - SOHC - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Default Mugen Valve Cover - SOHC

**1st of all, im not too sure whether i can post this thread here. D-Series admin, pls delete my thread if i posted wrongly**

I'm currently looking for this Mugen Valve cover n wondering where can i get it n how much does it cost. Well, im from Malaysia n had a hard time to find one here.

Appreciate if any of u could give me some info on this amazing sexy valve cover. if u could provide website or contact details will be great.

D-BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 01:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
JDM Justin

Rep Power: 11 black94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to all

ebay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
Our soldiers have more courage, honor, valor, humility, and sacrifice than any other human beings on the planet. You stature as human being isnt 1/1000 of the stature of a US Soldier or Marine.
black94sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 02:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular

Mugen never made a D-series valve cover... or at least not to my knowledge. But at one point they did make a sohc valve cover.
X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
JDM Justin

Rep Power: 11 black94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to allblack94sol is a name known to all

wow that is neat

old school FTW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
Our soldiers have more courage, honor, valor, humility, and sacrifice than any other human beings on the planet. You stature as human being isnt 1/1000 of the stature of a US Soldier or Marine.
black94sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 02:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 Orion is almost a somebodyOrion is almost a somebodyOrion is almost a somebodyOrion is almost a somebody

The "Mugen" z6/y8 valve cover is made by Tenzo-R.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/vbpgi...do=full&p=3984
^^^^^^^ RIP

First come, first swerved.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 05:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
jsi
D-series lover

I've seen sohc d16 valve cover in the old Mugen catalogues from 80's. They had them on their "crate" race motors. It didnt look at all like a stock SOHC cover. Was more squarish with horizontal fins and Mugen logo, iirc. Too bad i can't find the link now...
jsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 05:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you mean liek the one in the pic about 3 posts above yours?? lol
the one for the newer d is fake.. liek said above.. its made by tenzo-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by TING View Post
jimmy runs this bitch
jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 05:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
jsi
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by X292J View Post
Mugen never made a D-series valve cover... or at least not to my knowledge. But at one point they did make a sohc valve cover.
Ha, missed your post. Yeah it looked close to that. But i'm pretty sure it was a D16 crate motor. Remember it was rated at like 220-230hp and was like $15K or something...
Old 11-10-2006, 05:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 SpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropesSpoolinSol is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsi View Post
Ha, missed your post. Yeah it looked close to that. But i'm pretty sure it was a D16 crate motor. Remember it was rated at like 220-230hp and was like $15K or something...
thats a LOT of power for a n/a d-series....
SpoolinSol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 05:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 Orion is almost a somebodyOrion is almost a somebodyOrion is almost a somebodyOrion is almost a somebody

Flywheel HP. Still a lot, but I've sporadically seen higher numbers on the net. Cost shouldn't be far off of the $10-$15k mark anyway to reach that.
There's even a 245hp N/A D14 on carbs running in Malaysia or Hong Kong.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/vbpgi...do=full&p=3984
^^^^^^^ RIP

First come, first swerved.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 06:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
jsi
D-series lover

Lol, it's expensive even today but $15k was a LOT of dough 18-20 years ago...
Old 11-10-2006, 06:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 436 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
you mean liek the one in the pic about 3 posts above yours?? lol
the one for the newer d is fake.. liek said above.. its made by tenzo-r

new ones are knockoffs

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 06:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 19 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
The "Mugen" z6/y8 valve cover is made by Tenzo-R.
yep I got a red one..... be ready to pay around 100 bucks for one, but the quality is real nice and you need to drill a hole for the crankcase to breathe.... ebay is your friend for this too...
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 07:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 93civ123 smells like Borat93civ123 smells like Borat93civ123 smells like Borat93civ123 smells like Borat93civ123 smells like Borat93civ123 smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
yep I got a red one..... be ready to pay around 100 bucks for one, but the quality is real nice and you need to drill a hole for the crankcase to breathe.... ebay is your friend for this too...
huh thats weird my buddy got one too he paid like 110 for it and he didnt have to drill nothing the lil nipple for the breather came on it already

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi
I had a dream a hottie with Big Titties stol my car.....she brought it back and i got even with her....For taken it in the first place
"MAH MYSPACE"-http://www.myspace.com/SOHCDAN93
:IHI:
93civ123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 primercrxSi91 is learning the way of the DprimercrxSi91 is learning the way of the D

ebay=good sex
primercrxSi91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 07:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

thanks 4 ur comments n advise guys.

but looking at the size of the mugen cover (as shown on my 1st post), it looks like size of a SOHC engine....

100bucks is consider damn cheap. in my country, pls prepare easily USD500++.

found this link for the mugen head cover made by TENZO R. it comes in 4 colors....
http://www.racingworks.com/tenzo_r_m...alve_cover.htm

most probably i will get it there...but afraid it might not fit into my engine. how can i be sure that the size of the MUGEN valve cover will fit nicely on my existing D16? any opinions?

Last edited by D-BlackJack; 11-10-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 X292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regularX292J is obviously a regular

Just look at it mang... not like there like a jillion other d-series valve cover shapes out there. Square peg in the square hole.
X292J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 07:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
bro, mind to share the pic of ur mugen cover?
izit made by TENZO R ..like the pic shown in d link:
http://www.racingworks.com/tenzo_r_m...alve_cover.htm

Last edited by D-BlackJack; 11-10-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

gerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the skygerry mulligan is about to kiss the sky

thanks for whoring out my car for me :mikej: got it off ebay about 2 years ago $75 just keep looking they turn up

には、専用スポーツペダル、専用カーボン調パネル
I don't hate you...I just like it better when you're not around.

link to TV commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HKIm_3rdYY

link DIY custom armrests
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...73#post1138273
gerry mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
No Tune No Life!

Rep Power: 13 Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
Drag4life723 is hot as a volcano

:thehump: :thehump: :thehump:
let me get like all those parts nice car.

the ebay mugen valve cover is sex!

RC
D16Z6 12.5:1cr 14.8@80mph NA 13.9@98mph 55shot
<a href=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/Drag4life723/madedrag4life723.png target=_blank>http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...ag4life723.png</a>
Drag4life723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification