R18 engine? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

Rep Power: 6 Sarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebody
Default R18 engine?

has anyone tried to interchange any parts from the r18 engine into any d series engines, including the d17? just a thought btw.

Need and ecu converted/chipped/socketed? PM me.

Speed cost, how fast can you afford to go?

"While it is legal for the police to lie, they may not unreasonably pressure a suspect to commit a crime."

http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

My for sale thread! http://www.d-series.org/forums/sale/...ml#post2317828
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 74 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

yep....even a four page thread about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Anyplace , Anywhere , Anytime
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

Rep Power: 6 Sarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebody

i'll search again, i didn't see it earlier.

"While it is legal for the police to lie, they may not unreasonably pressure a suspect to commit a crime."

Old 11-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Rep Power: 74 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

The first thread that comes up in search

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

maybe i'm not putting in the right key words, what key words did you use?

Old 11-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

Honda R18

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

can you post a link, i still can't find it, thanks.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
D Tranny Guru

upper right corner of the forum, see the empty box?

Type in Honda R18, press enter.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

i did, it came up with a norcal meet thread and a few other threads, nothing about r18 interchangability.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

nvm, i found it, thanks!

Old 11-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

no real info on if anything actually is or is not interchangeable. it doesn't look like anything is, but i am still curious.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 jamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatness

why?

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." - Patrick Henry
jamato0331 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

just wondering if any parts are inter changable.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 swich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropes

doute it. the R18 is a complete new motor. do some research on the motor itself. there is a good artical on the honda tuning website.
swich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!
Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!

Even if anything was interchangeable(which it isnt), I wouldnt want anything from that engine, its a cheap economy engine. Far from impressive.
Full_Tilt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 FURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
Even if anything was interchangeable(which it isnt), I wouldnt want anything from that engine, its a cheap economy engine.
Umm.....thats exactly what the d series is/was.

Theres alot of new ideas implemented in the r18. Its the d series of the future.
FURYOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!
Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!Full_Tilt is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURYOF4 View Post
Umm.....thats exactly what the d series is/was.

Theres alot of new ideas implemented in the r18. Its the d series of the future.
Sorta.
The D series was used as both an economy engine and a sporty engine, thats why it came in the early Si models. The higher performance Ds had pretty impressive NA output for their time.

The R18 does not have impressive output, it has extremely limited upgrade-ability, and is further crippled by a drive by wire system that is designed for economy and not performance.
Full_Tilt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!

that's what turbos and flashpro are for.

More torque than the k20 in the ep3, moly coatings, pretty good sized intake ports.

I think the one of the biggest issues is the tiny exhaust outlet, but someone will most likely figure something out.
Quote:
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!

Possible to cut the integrated headers? Sounds stupid and dangerous but I guess someone has a junk R18 head and access to machinery to do it for kicks.
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification