vtec isnt kicking in as hard - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default vtec isnt kicking in as hard

i just rebuilt my motor not to long ago for boost..broke it in and i drive it here and there low cp till i install the turbo setup and tuneit... hopefully this next weekened bc i have everything ready to install..but i ve recently notice now when i opened her up a couple times that vtec doesnt feel so hard anymore..........is there any common problems with this????????wat are sum checks i can do????????
JDM346 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 88CRX smells like Borat88CRX smells like Borat88CRX smells like Borat88CRX smells like Borat88CRX smells like Borat

Is it engaging at all? Keep in mind, the crossover on SOHC is not meant to be truly "felt."
1988 CRX DX - Y8 Mini-Me "Cassidy"

Phi Alpha!
88CRX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2010, 05:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 27 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Its SOHC vtec what were you expecting earth shattering ground movements when it engaged?

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....

How low is the compression? Running low compression without a turbo will cause your car to feel like a turd.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 10 d-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcano
d-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcanod-serious is hot as a volcano

VTEC is either on or off; remember that. It's not 'half-way-engaged'; I could never hear it in the SOHCs but are you sure the solenoid is good and wired up properly?
d-serious is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2010, 06:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!
snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!snm95ls is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
I like balls.
snm95ls is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 8 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all

i think he has one to many long island teas
Old 10-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

hahahaha forget you guys...yeah you guys are right i guess it took me so long to build the motor bc of the dam machine shop taking so long that i forgot that it is a sohc vtec motor that doesnt kick in like a dohc...plus its rebuilt with low cp and everything is wired right so its kind of slow waiting for turbo...i guess its just me and to much long island teas lol..... and Mondo your Si is freaking clean i also have an aztec green pearl hatch cant wait to boost it
JDM346 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification