Sealed Power Engine Bearings...Any good? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 Mterry127  is accepted as part of the communityMterry127  is accepted as part of the communityMterry127  is accepted as part of the communityMterry127  is accepted as part of the community
Default Sealed Power Engine Bearings...Any good?

well, I started off with king bearings but they were too thick (for a re-ground crankshaft) and now I'm assed out of my money. The place I got them from are now out of business. So I was thinking of going with sealed power engine bearings from my work. Anyone use these before?

M.U.S.T.A.N.G. - Motor Usually Starts Then Almost Never Goes
Mterry127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Smashing It's a JDM Star Bitches....

I also am curious about this question.
My build thread

I <3 Performance Porting
Smashing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 20 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!

Sealed Power has been around for a long time in the domestic world, so I would trust them by brand reputation. However, I have not personally used their bearings - just their pistons.

| PHOTOS | TWO WHEELS | FOUR WHEELS |
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano

Well the worst that could happen is the clearances dont check out again...if they are indeed a reputable company. Where do you work at and why cant you get more info on them from your place of work? Just curious, I mean, if you use or sell them, shouldnt you have some product knowledge or the ability to find out if they are good?
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano

I used sealed power bearings on my rebuild. 500 street miles, 50 + hard race miles, no problems yet. 60lbs of oil pressure at 3000rpm 210 deg oil temp.
1968 MGB vintage autox car
www.pahillclimb.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
dirty D's... done dirt cheap.
90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 Mterry127  is accepted as part of the communityMterry127  is accepted as part of the communityMterry127  is accepted as part of the communityMterry127  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewall View Post
Well the worst that could happen is the clearances dont check out again...if they are indeed a reputable company. Where do you work at and why cant you get more info on them from your place of work? Just curious, I mean, if you use or sell them, shouldnt you have some product knowledge or the ability to find out if they are good?
Well I bought them from a second source. I bought it from a place in Boston that sells just bearings. They give advance a huge discount and then I mark it up and sell it. The problem is that the company went under...we only sell sealed power and acl's but no one has them. So either I get the sealed power bearings or the build goes on hold.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mterry127 View Post
Well I bought them from a second source. I bought it from a place in Boston that sells just bearings. They give advance a huge discount and then I mark it up and sell it. The problem is that the company went under...we only sell sealed power and acl's but no one has them. So either I get the sealed power bearings or the build goes on hold.
I see your perdicament lol. Well the general concensus says theyre good, get them and check the clearance? Its not like you have anything to loose but another 50 or so.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Yeah but to a poor college student it does lol. I just want this thing to be reliable and no problems with the bottom end. I just want a few more people to say something about them.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just put some rod bearing in mine Saturday. They are Sealed Power, box states they are made in Japan if that means much to you. Also, I will be changing the oil for the first time after about 20 miles, then again at about 200. I will be driving it about 20 miles a day, it's my D.D. I should be reporting back when I can. I have a built Y8, SRP pistons, Eagle rods. Good luck on your build.
jungldbll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 motoxman will become famous soon enoughmotoxman will become famous soon enoughmotoxman will become famous soon enough

I was thinking of going with the Sealed power bearings myself... Although for the price, King bearings arent a bad choice either... Let us know how well they fit if you go that way...
motoxman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

any update on the sealed power?
dwilder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

curious to know also. even though i went with acl races. sealed power is easily obtainable from local parts store
laostha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

true, i put some sealed power in my built z6 only to have them destroyed after 30 miles. just picked up some kings today.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

xotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcanoxotic_crx is hot as a volcano

Man you can return second source'd stuff...especially if you work there! Not that I know this from experience or anything...

House of Honda Motorsports < Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

i think i got a bad set of sealed power. bought mine from advanced auto...
Old 10-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 4 TurboD206 smells like BoratTurboD206 smells like BoratTurboD206 smells like BoratTurboD206 smells like BoratTurboD206 smells like Borat

I just got my motor together and ran a set of Clevite 77 bearings. They have been good so far.. and with the 0.001 in. of extra clearance they are nice for boost builds, assuming you have a crank in good condition.. i found a Z6 crank for my build for 50 bucks. I had it cork polished out and ran those bearings and the clearances where very nice. Good luck with your build

Clevite Rod Bearings Honda D16 SOHC Engines ZC
TurboD206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 HondaDNA is hot as a volcanoHondaDNA is hot as a volcano
HondaDNA is hot as a volcanoHondaDNA is hot as a volcanoHondaDNA is hot as a volcanoHondaDNA is hot as a volcanoHondaDNA is hot as a volcanoHondaDNA is hot as a volcanoHondaDNA is hot as a volcano

Sealed Power is about the same cost as OEM bearings from NAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

i went with kings because i have a buddy that works at the summit store so he got them for me with his discount. $15 haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification