acl vs king bearings - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 9 hatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatness
Default acl vs king bearings

just wondering the quality of king bearings vs quality of acl duraglide. the reason for my question is that i planned on using acl duraglide and when i orderd them the sent king. also with the king's are the std still the same as oem green?
hatchaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 19 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

I haven't had any problems with acl. I'm curious too about king's.

measure your bearings and I'll tell you if there STD/green's.

EDIT: actually I don't know where to find bearing thinkness's. I'm sure it's on the web somewhere.

I've used acl's and the bearing clearance was really good on 1 motor and the other was, ok. your not going to get the longevity and clearance your going to get with oem. though, has anyone actually ran acl's or kings for say 150,000 miles and the clearance is still within spec. I mean, do bearings really even wear that much at all anyway???? say your clearance was .001, or .0001 or whatever. at 150,000 miles I wonder what the clearance would be if you really keeped up with all the oil changes, etc.

Last edited by guest; 12-22-2009 at 06:28 PM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 9 hatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I haven't had any problems with acl. I'm curious too about king's.

measure your bearings and I'll tell you if there STD/green's.
i have the measurements for the bearing thicness to color but i wasnt gonna open them if there not as good as the acl's i'll just sell them and order the acl's from fj
Old 12-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

what I was thinking about doing is using a combo of both oem and acls. to get .0001 max oil clearance.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
what I was thinking about doing is using a combo of both oem and acls. to get .0001 max oil clearance.
yeah thats whay i was gonna do also. the bearings i took out were in decent shape for a unknown used b2 and all the rods were greens and all the mains were brown which is one cunt hair smaller then green but i got these king's and i will still do the same thing aslong as there of the same quality as acl
Old 12-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 james25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the community

I have both acl and king main bearings. The the chamfer is a lot smoother/cleaner on the acl bearing compared to the king bearing, also the oil hole is a tad bit larger on the acl, I think compared to the king.

Here's a pic of the 2 bearings side by side. Left bearing (darker one) is ACL and right bearing (shiny one) is King.

Also noticed the caspian groove on the king bearing is a little wider than acl's groove.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by james25 View Post
I have both acl and king main bearings. The the chamfer is a lot smoother/cleaner on the acl bearing compared to the king bearing, also the oil hole is a tad bit larger on the acl, I think compared to the king.

Here's a pic of the 2 bearings side by side. Left bearing (darker one) is ACL and right bearing (shiny one) is King.

Also noticed the caspian groove on the king bearing is a little wider than acl's groove.
is that acl a race or duraglide im willing to bet its a race bearing
Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 james25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the communityjames25  is accepted as part of the community

standard duraglide acl
Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 435 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I've heard good about both, there are some powerful engines on HT running Kings and ACLs if you search.

Standards = Honda green

My ACLs have treated me great. Lots of boost and lots of abuse, and they still looked great when I rebuilt this year.

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by james25 View Post
standard duraglide acl
oh ok well have you ever used the king's and whats you experiance and opinon of them?
Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

so ryan you think it safe to say just use them since thats what was sent and i'll be good? there for my wifes car stock rebuild
Old 12-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 435 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Well first off I would be contacting the seller asking why they sent the wrong brand.

Nonetheless, for a stock rebuild, they should be just fine.

Delta Cam, best bang for your buck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../made_Ryan.png
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

I've used Kings once on a small block chevy build the kings were actually more expensive than acl. But I agree with ryan, both bearings are pretty good and have seen high hp engines and also both have been around in the market for a while. I'd rock it!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 6 D15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the community

Did you buy them from Mizumoauto?

I'm running ACL's in my high compression b2. 6000 miles, it gets revved to 7000rpm a couple times a week. No problems yet.

My friend and I put King's in his chevy 350, it is also a high compression engine and gets ran hard. No problems yet.
D15B1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchaddict View Post
yeah thats whay i was gonna do also. the bearings i took out were in decent shape for a unknown used b2 and all the rods were greens and all the mains were brown which is one cunt hair smaller then green but i got these king's and i will still do the same thing aslong as there of the same quality as acl
what would be interesting would be the oil clearances on the motor with the old bearing just to see how much bearings really even wear.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 racer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebody

I called local race engine builder looking for acl's for my z6 and he said that all engine bearings were pretty much the same from most of your well know manufactures.(acl,king,speed pro,clevite,sealed power,and so on)He actually even said that as far as he knew acl was kinda a new manufacture.He uses clevite and speed pro in his supercharged drag motors and has no problems.The key is clearances.So going off that i think the kings in your dd will be just fine.I am still going to use the acl race bearings in my z6 im building cause i can get them for the same price he wants for clevites.
racer76j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2009, 04:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

thanks for all the replies and info and opinions im gonna go ahead and use them. i bought them from domestic gasket and i payed 30 shipped for rods mains and thrust washer
Old 12-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

30 is a steal for all bearings. never heard of the company, I dunno if I'd trust there gaskets.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
30 is a steal for all bearings. never heard of the company, I dunno if I'd trust there gaskets.
i just ordered bearing and when i got them the first thing i did was check to make sure the were really king's and they say king right on the bearing and the boxes were sealed boxes so its lagit and if there as good as every body says then im gonna order more for the other engine im in the process of building cause it is dirt cheap
Old 12-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

im in the process of rebuilding my engine to. My buddy said he got a spare set of bearings still new in the box for 20 bucks he will sell me. They are j.i.s. bearings. anybody have any luck with them? They are going back on a stock B1 or should i save my money and get better ones?
burghboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification