D16y8 with ZC pistons - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default D16y8 with ZC pistons

Thinking bout putting p29 ZC pistons in my y8....bringing it to the shop...was woundering if i would need to change my rods,or any thang eles???
rex-d16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....

no. you will need to convert to obd1 and tune though.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

yea my y8 is covet to odb1....and i found a site to calulate my compression ratio SolBlu's Helpful Del Sol Site....it said 13.1 which i know is not a daily driveable....but it there any thang eles i sould know before i put the ZC pistons in???
Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque

Rep Power: 16 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!

dont soak the bearing in lube lol like someone did

ak riding shotgun literally

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

09 Chevy 3500hd crew cab long bed 4x4 just because I felt like it
Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex-d16y8 View Post
yea my y8 is covet to odb1....and i found a site to calulate my compression ratio SolBlu's Helpful Del Sol Site....it said 13.1 which i know is not a daily driveable....but it there any thang eles i sould know before i put the ZC pistons in???
Holy hell thats high. If you can't run on 101 or E85 I would def. suggest the z6 head. IMO the y8 combustion chambers are to small. Or maybe find a .05" HG and that will lower the comp lol.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 lovinhonda-97dx will become famous soon enoughlovinhonda-97dx will become famous soon enoughlovinhonda-97dx will become famous soon enough

damn thats high..let us know how it works out
lovinhonda-97dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Holy hell thats high. If you can't run on 101 or E85 I would def. suggest the z6 head. IMO the y8 combustion chambers are to small. Or maybe find a .05" HG and that will lower the comp lol.
yea i gonna put a thick hg on it to drop the compression...hoping to at least drop it to 12.8 and see how that works out for me...i'll post it up once it's done....thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex-d16y8 View Post
yea i gonna put a thick hg on it to drop the compression...hoping to at least drop it to 12.8 and see how that works out for me...i'll post it up once it's done....thanks
Well according to Zeal, your comp should be around that 12.6. Just remember your going to need high octane. I think that comp is just ridiculous. You should just go with the pg6 pistons, that will give you 12.2cr which is way better imo. Thats with the stock HG.

Edit: I just checked the comp. calc. you used...and I think its crap lol. Your elevation also effects the "effective cr".

Last edited by Thewall; 09-28-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Most of y'all are retarded.

P29s in a Y8 will make youre tuning life hell. The Y8 head is designed to use pistons with high quench pistons, which you don't have with the P29s. Also, the very compact combustion chamber of the Y8 will be split, causing crap combustion. Most P29/Y8 builds have to have so much timing pulled, they don't make much power over stock. That combo is very knock limited. Don't do it.

Use PG6 pistons if you want to bump up your compression. You'll actually be able to use 93 octane to not detonate your pistons to death.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

How To Tune OBD0 with TurboEdit

My fab blog.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 18 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

p29 in y8 = cracked ring lands.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Most of y'all are retarded.

P29s in a Y8 will make youre tuning life hell. The Y8 head is designed to use pistons with high quench pistons, which you don't have with the P29s. Also, the very compact combustion chamber of the Y8 will be split, causing crap combustion. Most P29/Y8 builds have to have so much timing pulled, they don't make much power over stock. That combo is very knock limited. Don't do it.

Use PG6 pistons if you want to bump up your compression. You'll actually be able to use 93 octane to not detonate your pistons to death.
You don't need to be an ass. Sorry we all (y'all isn't a word) didn't know that....
Old 10-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
noob

z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....

The_Acid_Beaver knows what he is talking about.....there are only a few people on this site i would listen to and he would deff. be one of them.
z6civicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Right, but, if you would f'ing search, it's been covered.

And, for the record, I can type me some proper English, but, I don't always do it. Stop taking things on the interwebs so seriously. Seriously, check this out: If you have to ask yourself "Am I retarded/stupid/moronic/imbecilic/dense?," the answer is almost always invariably an emphatic "YES!"

For the record, I am also a retard, but about different things but not about the fact that P29s suck, ESPECIALLY in a Y8. That's just a fairly well established fact that has been substantiated by some of the best tuners in the country. It has also been proven that you can easily use 87 octane at over 12.5:1 SCR. (If you pay attention to the combustion chamber and can tune well.)

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

How To Tune OBD0 with TurboEdit

My fab blog.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z6civicex View Post
The_Acid_Beaver knows what he is talking about.....there are only a few people on this site i would listen to and he would deff. be one of them.
I wasn't saying he didn't...Just that I didn't lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Right, but, if you would f'ing search, it's been covered.

And, for the record, I can type me some proper English, but, I don't always do it. Stop taking things on the interwebs so seriously. Seriously, check this out: If you have to ask yourself "Am I retarded/stupid/moronic/imbecilic/dense?," the answer is almost always invariably an emphatic "YES!"

For the record, I am also a retard, but about different things but not about the fact that P29s suck, ESPECIALLY in a Y8. That's just a fairly well established fact that has been substantiated by some of the best tuners in the country. It has also been proven that you can easily use 87 octane at over 12.5:1 SCR. (If you pay attention to the combustion chamber and can tune well.)
Why would I need to search? I have a z6 and all I was trying to do was give him the little knowledge I knew. I'm not going to lie...I'm retarted when it comes to the Y series, I had no idea that the p29's would be that much of a problem in the y8, but I learned. I just don't appreciate unnecessary "name" calling. I don't think I took it that seriously, I'm not pissed...just demeaned lol. Anways...Good info hahaha
Old 03-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

well i know im new to this site but i have built alot of d series with the p29 pistons and tuned them just fine but i wouldn't use a y8 head. If i was you id find a z6 head, it flows better and has a better combustion chamber for high compression. You will end up with a little over 12.1 compression and will run fine on 93 if you have a good tune. ya you have to pull some timing out but it can be done easaly and will make good power but a cam and porting it will help alot too
boosteddohczc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 7 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular

pg6 pistons get my vote. Acid beaver loves the word quench........ Nice check out my post count 666 ftw.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email shadetreebr@yahoo.com or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 50 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

btw. y'all is a word.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=17947

1996 Integra Project Car:http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/72073-1996-integra-ls-sedan-pics-1-21-14-jdm-front-5-lug-auto-manual.html
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

Cool, now know. I also had no idea how retarded I sounded in these posts, so my apologies lol.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 28 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
btw. y'all is a word.
Especially here in the dirty south!

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 18 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosteddohczc View Post
well i know im new to this site but i have built alot of d series with the p29 pistons and tuned them just fine but i wouldn't use a y8 head. If i was you id find a z6 head, it flows better and has a better combustion chamber for high compression. You will end up with a little over 12.1 compression and will run fine on 93 if you have a good tune. ya you have to pull some timing out but it can be done easaly and will make good power but a cam and porting it will help alot too
actually y8 has a better combustion chamber for high compression its just hard to find a piston that doesnt increase the compression so dramatically with the y8 head. The z6 only out flows the y8 at high rpm's (but they are very very close to one another were not talking massive differences)

With a massive duration and lift cam you will be able to get your dynamic compression down but without that dont even try messing with that much compression. Even 12:1 is tipping the scales on stock equipment even with a good tune. BTW, if your going to run anything over 12:1 and still want a streetable car then you probibally will need to go vtec, without vtec it will be very hard to keep the dynamic compression down with a large lift/duration cam without having a large lope and alot of breaking up in the low end.

Last edited by cervan; 03-30-2010 at 05:27 PM.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification