D16y7 First Turbo Setup (Ebay Kit) - Page 4 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org ŧ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction ŧ Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 02:03 AM   #61 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 smurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatness

I like that you painted the block the same color as your camaro heheh!
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #62 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 6 kevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to all

you have a "vtec dohc" sticker on your door or fender... lol... for clarification sake your car is neither vtec nor dohc

good luck with the build... my build is also coming along too... post any numbers or 1/4 times if you get them

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
side to side play should be less then 1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
only if she is under 30 years old......

wait.........nevermind!
kevo1586 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #63 (permalink)

Well, to be honest I really didnīt put a hp goal. I just thought one day... well Iīll start with the build...check what numbers it puts and go from there. I will post up the stats later cause I donīt have them and donīt remember them lol
daniel_dbgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #64 (permalink)

ok...ok...ok I know about the stickers and especially that itīs not vtec nor dohc... although maybe one day it will be vtec lol.... nahh I donīt trust vtec engines with turbo. They put up nice numbers but in the long run they donīt last longer than non vtec ones in turbocharged engines.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #65 (permalink)

Actually the camaro is my friends car, he is also modifying the motor a bit. I love the color
Old 08-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #66 (permalink)

I bought some 450cc injectors and am planning on installing them on my civic. What exactly do I need in order for them to run? I already know about the resistor box but what else?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #67 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 mdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunna

Resistor Box wiring with pics - Honda-Tech

that is all sir.

"When Congress passes new emission standards, we hire 50 more engineers and GM hires 50 more lawyers." Quote by Soichiro Honda
mdog244 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #68 (permalink)
n00b

Hey man, congrats on starting to work on your car. i know alot of guys are hating on you for the whole ebay thing, dont worry about it. experience is experience nonetheless....i will say that getting a crap setup is going to give you some headache...but you will learn from it and be able to actually teach people about it..so congrats man on getting some real experience.
Ek-booster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #69 (permalink)

Thanks Ek-booster, Iīve been running the turboed civic for about 1-2 months and the only issue I had was the clamps on the piping falling off when I got over 10 psi. I am currently running 6-7 psi until I get my ecu chipped and tuned, then I will go 12. Oh yeah, and that 2 of the 4 screws holding the manifold and turbo together fell of (just got 2 more and done)but everything else works nice. I wasnīt so bad after all.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #70 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 smurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatnesssmurf is approaching greatness

well glad it was not all bad then
Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #71 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all95_EJ1 is a name known to all

Still no video?? but seriously build looks pretty decent. Ever got the thing on a dyno?
95_EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #72 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

also i cant belive you never got it tuned yet!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #73 (permalink)
D-series lover

I had a ebay turbo kit after joining this fourm sold it and fast b.c i started reading all the bad stuff about them so congrats with sticking with it and it actually working.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #74 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

wow.. thats the biggest filter i have ever seen on a honda..

i would suggest you get an intake manifold. the y7 one is a killer for power. just saying.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #75 (permalink)

Specs:

.50 A/R compressor housing, .63 A/R turbine housing Turbo (7 PSI)
35 mm Wastegate
HKS Limited Edition Bov
Vitara Low Compression Pistons
FJ R-spec Rods
ACL Race Bearings
High Flow Fuel Filter
MSD Blaster Ignition Coil & Spark Plugs
Adjustable Cam Gear
Full Custom Exhaust 2.5"
APC Dual Twin Tube Strut Bar
Performance Clutch
Eagle Vaccum Block
Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge
Boost Gauge
Oil Temp. Gauge (All Prosport)

To come:

Edelbrock Performer X Series Intake Manifold
ECU Chipped and Tuned
Boost set to 12 psi
450cc Injectors
LSD Differential
ARP Head Studs
Old 08-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #76 (permalink)

Promise to upload video tomorrow, Iīve been too busy steppin on the pedal and enjoying the sweet sound of the turbo spool up and hearing the bov PHHHSSSST! lol
When I get some time I will take it to the dyno and show the results. Well, I might wait until I get it tuned which will take around 1-2 weeks or take it now show results, then take it when itīs tuned and compare.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #77 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 Vantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like Borat

looks like a pretty nice build. ive been considering the ebay kit to learn with...that way if i tear shit up its not anything CRAZY expensive! im really surprised stuff hasnt fucked up without being tuned, lol. also surprised the waistegate doesnt hit your hood. as said...nice build!
Vantec89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 07:26 AM   #78 (permalink)

Well, from my experience I would recommend the ebay kit but a decent one at least. For the price itīs a complete package and like you said if anything goes wrong well it wont be expensive. You can upgrade later anyways. Just one thing, donīt keep the bov and manifold that comes with the package(well, the one I bought and if you want to keep A/C), change the manual boost controller, and I would suggest buying a kit that comes with the turbo downpipe since my cousin had to make it for me and it took a LOT of work and time to make it fit right.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #79 (permalink)

Well, I didnīt upload the video since my turbo oil feed line cracked.....shitty line....well I will get it replaced. I will not complain since I think I was the cause lol, I was adjusting the A/C fan and I moved the oil line a little to the left when I heard a sort of crack but didnīt pay attention. 1 minute later a bunch of smoke from under the hood showed up and to my suprise about 3 oil leaks where comimng out of the oil line and spraying everywhere. Had to buy more oil and today as I write the oil line is being changed. The video WILL be done if not today tomorrow.

Finally the video, and some pics too:

Engine Bay:

YouTube - Civic Turbo Engine Bay

0-100 mph:

YouTube - Civic Turbo 0-100 mph

Last edited by daniel_dbgt; 08-25-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #80 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 mrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to allmrblur is a name known to all

from bad to good.....very nice.

Hey where to you get you the Manifold?
mrblur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boost=sex, d16y7, ebay kit, imeneant failure, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/111435-d16y7-first-turbo-setup-ebay-kit.html
Posted By For Type Date
d16y7 turbo kit This thread Refback 02-07-2013 03:45 PM