D16A1 into 2nd gen crx (no more mount issues!) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2004, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

I've done it,i have come up with a way to mount the d16a1 in 2nd gen crx and it was quite simple just a lot of plastic cuting and measuring comparisons between the a1 and d15b.Uses the typical mount but places the motor approx 1.25" lower due to the 1.25" mounting hole difference from the bottom of the crank shaft to the center oof the mounting hole on the engine,8" to 9.25".The only bad side to it is you can only use one bolt in the fatory mount wich will not hurt but if you're sckeptical by all means don't try it.The plastic lines up the mount square if you cut it in the right spots.I will post pics when i get my camera back for those of you interested.Why an A1 instead of a zc?Lower compression,parts availability,boost feindly to make up the difference.
CRXdxR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

I am very interested to see your pic's. e-mail sent. JS

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.
www.redpepperracing.com
www.g1teg.org
strudel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
CRX KING

slebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the sky

What did you do about the transmission bolts? Starter bolts?

DUAL POINT FOR LIFE!!!
slebidia is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2004, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
resident Smart Ass

Rep Power: 12 hatch-attack is learning the way of the Dhatch-attack is learning the way of the D

I'm interested on the tranny fix also...I was sent the wrong motor when I ordered my zc and when we went to bolt up the tranny all the bolt holes did not line up. please explain solution
hatch-attack is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

as far as the starter bolts i have an automatic wich the bolts don't go all the way through they bottom out in the tranny case.I haven't had any problems with my auto dx tranny lining up but i'll take alook with other model trannys that are manual and non dx to see where the fault lies.I have so many motors and plenty of busted trannys to play with.Once i figure that one out i'll post it also.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
94x

Does this swap use the original civic/crx trans or is a d16a1 trans necessary?
  Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

I would say either one but some people say their manual trannys don't line up so let me research it a bit b4 you start it and can't finish unless you have a1 tranny then go for it.I measured against my brothers mout position in his jdm zc powered crx and they sit almost identical in hight.I guess the difference in the single cam measurements vs. zc in the head height diference.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
TruSlydHatch

Whassup!!!.. god your a life saver for realz.

Everyone is tellin me its gonna cost tons of money, and all this stupid shit to get this motor in my car. I have an 89 hatch.. I was about to f*ckin weld the damn thing in hahaha j/k

So if you could, just email me about what to do... I have the tranny also and all the wiring harness'... I have the full integra actually :P... but I have an auto in my hatch which of course Im converting to the manual from the teg... so if you could please get with me on this, that would be great!!!.... thank you

Manny

or
Tru`
Old 01-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
CRX KING

slebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the skyslebidia is about to kiss the sky

http://www.quickhonda.net/

Go to ZC motors and My 2nd ZC motor. Tell me how you got around this.

DUAL POINT FOR LIFE!!!
slebidia is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2004, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
8man

I can build more of these if anyone is interested. This one has held up for 8 months now. Car raced hard. D16A1 engine/91 civic dx chassis.
Built from aircraft grade aluminum.

My mount goes from front to back, all the way across the timing belt side. It is hard to tell from the pic.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

8man,

Congratulations! I knew someone could do a good job of it. Below is my prototype out of wood. I will use T6061 billet to build.

Only difference is my engine is going into an Austin Mini and needs to be a bit different but I thought of using your style as well. Mine doesn't have to sit as far to the rear. My buddy the engineer said I could use steel or billet but would be torsionally strong enough.

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.
www.redpepperracing.com
www.g1teg.org
strudel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
dbarroga

Default Need instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXdxR
I've done it,i have come up with a way to mount the d16a1 in 2nd gen crx and it was quite simple just a lot of plastic cuting and measuring comparisons between the a1 and d15b.Uses the typical mount but places the motor approx 1.25" lower due to the 1.25" mounting hole difference from the bottom of the crank shaft to the center oof the mounting hole on the engine,8" to 9.25".The only bad side to it is you can only use one bolt in the fatory mount wich will not hurt but if you're sckeptical by all means don't try it.The plastic lines up the mount square if you cut it in the right spots.I will post pics when i get my camera back for those of you interested.Why an A1 instead of a zc?Lower compression,parts availability,boost feindly to make up the difference.
My brother wrecked his teg, so I snatched up his d16a1, now I realize your post is very old, but I was wondering how I'm going to slap that sucker into my 2nd gen rex. If you could email the pics to me, I would really appreciate it. A picture is worth a thousand words.

~Dio
Old 12-07-2005, 03:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 SiAhmed is learning the way of the DSiAhmed is learning the way of the D

Ive emailed you!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

86-87 is 9.3:1, 88-89 is 9.5:1 so how is it lower compression?

check out the pile, make offers!
My PhotoBucket of Parts
Chaos325 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Hey I jus recently bought a d16a1 and I didn't know it would fit on the rexx I got so I bought a ef tranny to putt on the motor will it work? Andabout those mounts can u email me and we can talk about it email me at dubfour94@gmail.com thanks
89 REXx si is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 40 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

this thread is really really old, i doubt the user is an active part of the board anymore...

ninja edit: i take that back, poster was last on: 03-21-2010 06:47 PM

maybe they will write back with info early next year.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification