DIY Centercaps - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (17) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 11:56 PM   17 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 40 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Default DIY Centercaps

everytime i see somebody mention rims, somebody else asks about "centercaps". So i found the idea of a DIY install on H-T (im a part-time H-T lurker) but anyways i liked how it looked.

some of the pics are mine and some are from H-T. now on with the info.
(first 4 are mine, last 4 are from H-T. I will post pics on my rims ASAFP)

1. go to Home Depot and buy "Knock Out" Plugs. make sure they are for ELECTRICAL use and not for PLUMBING use. They range from 1/2 inch to 2 inches. I used a 2 inch plug. They were $1.05 a piece so I bought four. i couldnt find the 79 cent pieces i was told to look for.

2. Spray paint them or get them powder coated. I did all 4 of mine with black paint.

3. Bent the little tabs on the back out so they will stick when you insert them into the rim.

4. Insert them into the center cap area of the rim.

This is a decent, custom looking centercap that is very inexpensive to make. You can also get some vinyl "H" or "A" decals to put in the middle of these caps or you can leave them plain and simple.

in the package

unwrapped

the backside

the backside

painted black

painted rear

on the rim

on the rim

as i said before these last 4 pictures are not taken by me. i will post pics of them on my rims. mine are still drying. i hope this was helpful & inquisitive. enjoy. C & C please.

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy

Last edited by E. Jeezy; 08-07-2009 at 10:46 PM.
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2008, 01:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!

nice, rep rep

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 rider5000 will become famous soon enoughrider5000 will become famous soon enoughrider5000 will become famous soon enough

Very nice, definetly good to know..
rider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 04:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 AllMyEx's is learning the way of the DAllMyEx's is learning the way of the D

Good stuff, Im missing 1 and hate to think what a rim shop would charge for 1 ! rep4U
"Questions are the key to unlocking your ultimate potential"-Fortune Cookie
"Quality isn't expensive, its priceless"
AllMyEx's is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

wow that is a pretty awesome idea. they look pretty good.
vondudka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 34 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

rep for you nice right up

Project Kornfed
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 50 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Now that is using your head ....
modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

singlecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussiesinglecizam is a Top Aussie

damn good idea...
singlecizam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 40 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMyEx's View Post
Good stuff, Im missing 1 and hate to think what a rim shop would charge for 1 ! rep4U
ive seen anywhere from $15 to $45 each!

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

~E. Jeezy
Old 05-05-2008, 04:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 xcthc will become famous soon enoughxcthc will become famous soon enoughxcthc will become famous soon enough

cool. i bought some rotas off a vw and they were missing center caps. i'm gonna do this on lunch today
xcthc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 05:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

im gonna go to one of my fave decal shops to get decals for the centercaps.

http://acromann.com/ <-- i love that place.

~E. Jeezy

~E. Jeezy

Last edited by E. Jeezy; 05-05-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 13 green_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eaglegreen_hornet_96 is fly like an eagle

That actually stays in place????

You sir are getting rep. I lost one about 6 months ago and haven't replaced it yet.
green_hornet_96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
BooM TastE IT

Rep Power: 25 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

nice find brotha, now i can do mine tomorrow morning.

My For Sale Thread
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 BoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enoughBoostedEG will become famous soon enough

I tried for C8's and didnt work??? Any one know what diam. it is?
My myspace page. Last name is phillips
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=30097210
My car is slow... Just nowhere near as slow as yours....
BoostedEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2008, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedEG View Post
I tried for C8's and didnt work??? Any one know what diam. it is?
the 2 in size worked for my 15" Slipstreams. what size are your rims? 15" & 16" are the same size space for the center. and why not just get a tape measure and measure it yourself?

~E. Jeezy

~E. Jeezy
Old 05-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 TING is a name known to allTING is a name known to allTING is a name known to allTING is a name known to allTING is a name known to allTING is a name known to allTING is a name known to allTING is a name known to allTING is a name known to all

thank you sum one jacked mine and i never thought of doing that
Old 05-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 38 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I'd rep if I could that looks fucking clean. Post pics when yours are done jeezy.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweezil View Post
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 hksdivision is learning the way of the Dhksdivision is learning the way of the D

Does anyone know if the 2" ones will work for GSR blades? I bought the 1 1/2" ones and they fit perfectly but don't stay in, am I supposed to bend the tabs a bit outward so they clip into the wheel?
hksdivision is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 12 lkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow uplkailburn is about to blow up

holy crap! nice dude. i think i might go do this RIGHT NOW

-Luke
y7 block, deburred Vitaras/FJT Ibeams, Stg4 P&P y8 head, ported and matched y8 IM, ITR tb, wrx urboTurb, ramhorn, jrc 5" fmic, 450's, 2.5" dp, 3" exhaust, clutch specialties stg2, act 12lb, rebuilt y8 tranny, S300. 221whp/201wtq

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build http://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...ld-begins.html

http://www.lukekailburn.com/
lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hksdivision View Post
Does anyone know if the 2" ones will work for GSR blades? I bought the 1 1/2" ones and they fit perfectly but don't stay in, am I supposed to bend the tabs a bit outward so they clip into the wheel?
bend the tabs out. thats how they fit snug & tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless
I'd rep if I could that looks fucking clean. Post pics when yours are done jeezy.
got mine painted, just not on.. trying to be able to fire the bitch up by mid month june

~E. Jeezy

~E. Jeezy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/89478-diy-centercaps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Centre caps This thread Refback 02-15-2012 12:40 AM
HHU Civic Forum - Off Topic Thread v2 - Page 327 - Hondahookup.com This thread Refback 03-14-2011 05:28 PM
Vancouver Civics Club Forum This thread Refback 10-25-2010 01:35 PM
I need help..... - JDMCITY.COM This thread Refback 08-26-2010 06:59 PM
New shoezies... This thread Refback 04-27-2010 11:06 AM
MX-5 Owners.NL :: Bekijk onderwerp - Naafkapjes Mazda 2 velgen This thread Refback 02-08-2010 07:04 AM
Centre caps - NZHondas.com This thread Refback 11-24-2009 11:17 PM
Honda Owners Club of SA &bull; View topic - Center Caps This thread Refback 08-11-2009 01:25 AM
make your own center caps - Carolina Hondas This thread Refback 06-30-2009 04:07 PM
HondaRacing.za.org :: View topic - For the guys who dnt have Center caps. This thread Refback 06-30-2009 09:33 AM
&bull; View topic - EF Links Guide This thread Refback 06-08-2009 05:37 AM
HondaRacing.za.org :: View topic - For the guys who dnt have Center caps. This thread Refback 05-26-2009 09:33 AM
VX Center Caps - GasSavers.org - Helping You Save at the Pump This thread Refback 05-12-2009 11:25 AM
Rota Circuit 10s, I need center caps - HondaForums.com This thread Refback 05-05-2009 08:51 AM
make your own center caps - Carolina Hondas This thread Refback 05-03-2009 08:12 PM
HondaForums.com > Rota Circuit 10s, I need center caps This thread Refback 04-17-2009 04:44 AM
Rota Circuit 10s, I need center caps - HondaForums.com This thread Refback 04-13-2009 07:32 PM