Replacing Main Relay in 92-95 Civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 50 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Default Replacing Main Relay in 92-95 Civic

First I want to say that these are my pics. I have speedsociety on there because that is where I originally posted the DIY. I did not remove the link off of them because it is slightly difficult without butchering them. For any reason that a member does not want them up with that addy on them, please let me know so I can retake them or fix it.

Since Noel posted his diy on the main relay for the 96-00, I thought I would post mine up because it is in a different spot than his.

Step 1: disconnect battery

Step 2: Remove 3 screws in underdash panel to access main relay

Step 3: Main relay is just above the hood latch, it is secured with 1 10mm bolt. Unbolt main relay and disconnect the plug.

Step 4: Plug new main relay in and bolt it back on with 10mm bolt.

Step 5: Put underdash panel on

Step 6: Reconnect battery.

pic of old main relay:

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=17947

1996 Integra Project Car:http://www.d-series.org/forums/showcase/72073-1996-integra-ls-sedan-pics-1-21-14-jdm-front-5-lug-auto-manual.html
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2005, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!
EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!

WTF is up with all the speed society logos...you need to take other pics, those are just not acceptable here!!! Just playing!!

Thanks for getting those up on here, I'm sure it'll help!!!

My Philosophy: "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy alot of car parts, so that equals happiness"

[weksos y0][Honda Girls][MySpace]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ej2cvc View Post
word up! and i love how her purse is just there...screwdriver next to it....
#1 D-Series.Org Honda-girl FTW!!!
EJ1 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2005, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Noeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to allNoeladams is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ1 Freak
WTF is up with all the speed society logos...you need to take other pics, those are just not acceptable here!!! Just playing!!

Thanks for getting those up on here, I'm sure it'll help!!!

we use to be really into that site but lately I have been comming here more and more, less bs.

Bought time that you put it up though.
Noeladams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!
EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noeladams
we use to be really into that site but lately I have been comming here more and more, less bs.
I know all about SS, I just had to give him shit for it!!

There is definately a lot less :bull: on this site!!!!

My Philosophy: "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy alot of car parts, so that equals happiness"

[weksos y0][Honda Girls][MySpace]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ej2cvc View Post
word up! and i love how her purse is just there...screwdriver next to it....
#1 D-Series.Org Honda-girl FTW!!!
EJ1 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2005, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
JDMKid71

ok Deff NOOB question here.. but im to tired to research it.. lol what exactly dose the main relay do...? masicaly control the ignition system and starter or what?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2005, 07:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 50 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

what is the main relay?

the main relay actually contains two individual relays. this relay is installed above the hood latch usaully. one relay is energized whenever the ignition is on which supplies the battery voltage to the ECU, power to the injectors, and power for the second relay. the second relay is energized for 2 seconds when the ignition is switched on, and when the engine is running which supplies power to the fuel pump.

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=17947

1996 Integra Project Car:http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72073
Old 06-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 7 TURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebodyTURBOB20 is almost a somebody

Yeah I would say that the main relay pretty important then. lol
1993 civic hatch-dd#2
TURBOB20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

dang, I posted this thread 3.5 years ago and the pics still work? awesome.

1996 Integra Project Car:http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72073
Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

awesome pics. helped a lot in doing the job on my 95 civic. nice piece of work.
mattq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

all these views, and hardely any thanks! what gives! great job...ive used this thread before i knew what the "H" meant on the hood.......maybe "hood?" lol, just kiddin!
themorphious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks ;-]

1993 Civic Hatch Profile
rexmanches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

This is going to come in handy for me since this needs to be replaced on my hatch. Thanks for the write up.
93sihatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 Jomama is da #1 stunnaJomama is da #1 stunnaJomama is da #1 stunnaJomama is da #1 stunnaJomama is da #1 stunnaJomama is da #1 stunnaJomama is da #1 stunna

Nice diy. Will be using this when I replace mine. Thanks.
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 gotboost420 is crying in the corner like a little bitch

yea pics do wonders thats for sure.. you will be turning this into 2 minute jobs for people.. great post
gotboost420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

7.5 years and pics still work...levi you rock

and know i need to get to work

Everyone has a little farmyard in them
scottdh20 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification