DIY S2000 Cluster in EK/EJ including Bezel - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 AM   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 7 10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular
Default DIY S2000 Cluster in EK/EJ including Bezel

There's a pretty good write up on H-T but not a lot of pictures showing how people are making the bezel/trim to cover the gap. So here is a more descriptive step by step on how I made MY bezel.

1) AP1/AP2 Cluster - I got mines free! They usually go for around 250-300 with harness.
2) Material for the bezel - I used a thin sheet metal i found laying around.
3) Extra EK/EJ cluster - Thanks to vtec_bomber free of charge. You can use your old one if you don't care.

The AP1 cluster.

Stock cluster

Take the clear plastic lens off. It's held on by clips, just push them in and pull on the plastic lens.

Next do the same thing with the black housing.

Now put the stock black housing on top of the AP1 cluster. Surprisingly it fits damn well.

This is how it should look like with the dash cover on.

Making the bezel to cover the extra space.
Trace the material of your choice according to the stock black housing.

Holset HX35 Build

D16z6 Evo3 16G Build

S2000 Cluster in EK/EJ8

Last edited by 10SecRex; 08-17-2009 at 08:41 PM.
10SecRex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 7 10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular

In order to get the trace of the ap1 bezel, i removed it using the same method, from the ap1 cluster and traced it onto the sheet.

The bezel should fit tight into the stock housing.

Note you will need to drill 2 holes on the bezel to mount the bezel onto the ap1 cluster.

Bezel cut, then sanded with 320 grit.

Screw on the bezel onto the cluster via the previously drilled holes and then fit the black housing on.

Secure the housing onto the ap1 cluster (i used zip ties). On the other side too.

Holset HX35 Build

D16z6 Evo3 16G Build

S2000 Cluster in EK/EJ8

Last edited by 10SecRex; 08-18-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

After test fitting it i realized that the ap1 cluster is actually thicker than the stock one. It was hitting the air duct so i had to cut an H to make more room. I also duct taped it to seal the vent.

After that ordeal put everything back. It's a tight fit but enjoy your new AP1 Cluster and Bezel. It will soon be painted flat black another day!!

And the link for the Video! Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZizFhu-jW8

Holset HX35 Build

D16z6 Evo3 16G Build

S2000 Cluster in EK/EJ8

Last edited by 10SecRex; 08-19-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!
turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!turboprelude95 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Good work. Where are you buy the converter from?
turboprelude95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 drummer87 is starting to learn the ropesdrummer87 is starting to learn the ropesdrummer87 is starting to learn the ropesdrummer87 is starting to learn the ropesdrummer87 is starting to learn the ropesdrummer87 is starting to learn the ropes

damn thats pretty neat, definately waiting for the rest of the write up
drummer87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboprelude95 View Post
Good work. Where are you buy the converter from?
ebay sells the speedohealer v4 for $115

Holset HX35 Build

D16z6 Evo3 16G Build

S2000 Cluster in EK/EJ8
Old 08-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 6 94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat

I always wanted to put this cluster in my car. It looks soo good.
94hatchSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 39 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Nice!

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 18 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!

S2000 Cluster Swap In 92-93 DA Integra - Generation 2 Integra Club™ Forum

s2k cluster in 92-93 DA integras.

just thought i'd jump in your thread foo'

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 azn97dx smells like Boratazn97dx smells like Boratazn97dx smells like Boratazn97dx smells like Boratazn97dx smells like Borat

cant wait to see it finished.
looking good
azn97dx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!

nice, very nice!

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 eee-jay-ate is learning the way of the Deee-jay-ate is learning the way of the D

great stuff, rep for you
eee-jay-ate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano

I need MOAR! haha you should take a vid of it in action :td:
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 36 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewall View Post
YouTube - My CRX AP2 Cluster Swap Night Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfhDC1Fv1qo
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleepy...11505538884521
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano

The AP1 looks way better. I would rep for video, but I have to spread it first.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 17 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!

and for the EG?!?!?
JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!
slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!slo_eg8 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMek View Post
and for the EG?!?!?
+1
ls meshies, oem wing, fog lights, blacked out tails with h.i.d head lights

new 93 ej2.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

This is the baddest thing since sliced bread. I'm putting one in my rex. but first i have to find an s2k and steal his gauge cluster...
and dont quote this and replace ride with cock
whateverhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Nice man!

gonna look sick when its done!

For all Your Go-fast parts..Go-Autoworks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
Dreams: crazymx6 ends them.
crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Jeezy View Post
Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
nice, very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee-jay-ate View Post
great stuff, rep for you
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewall View Post
I just got done wiring it all up, will have pictures and videos of final product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMek View Post
and for the EG?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
+1
Sorry, i dont have an EG but i do have a friend that has one and wants to do the same. Whenever he does his i can take pictures and post up on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverhonda View Post
This is the baddest thing since sliced bread. I'm putting one in my rex. but first i have to find an s2k and steal his gauge cluster...
lol, but thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
Nice man!

gonna look sick when its done!
Yep, thats the plan!

Holset HX35 Build

D16z6 Evo3 16G Build

S2000 Cluster in EK/EJ8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/116739-diy-s2000-cluster-ek-ej-including-bezel.html
Posted By For Type Date
S2000 AP1 Cluster in my EJ8/EK - YouTube This thread Refback 02-02-2013 09:53 PM
[DIY/FAQ] What are some modifications I can put into my 96-00 Civic? - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum This thread Refback 01-26-2013 05:10 PM