DIY del sol seats in Civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 HCivicdx is learning the way of the DHCivicdx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up DIY del sol seats in Civic

ok so i have decided to make a DIY del sol seats into any other car thread because i have been asked many times how did i get the seats to bolt up

so here is the seat i found it at a local junkyard and was lucky because the car just came into the yard the day before it even still had the ecu in it...make sure that you clean the seat before doing anything to it with some soap and water...

to start off you need to remove the old seat.

then after you have removed the old seat you need to take the rails off of it and that involves numerous things

1. remove the plastic coverings on the side of the seat

2. you need to remove one rail first for the next step (there are 3 10 mili bolts, the bolt on the back of the seat will be the toughest to remove)

3. there is a metal wire under the seat that connects the two rails together for when the seat slides front to back...once you have removed that one rail then this wire can be removed (make sure not to lose the washers on the wire)

4. once you have removed the wire proceed to remove the next rail (it also has 3 10 mili bolts)

5. be sure not to lose the wires or bolts because you will need to reuse them

The two rails above one is from the civic (top) and the other is from the del sol (bottom) which you can see that the are different from one another.
Now that you have removed the rails from the civic and del sol seat be sure no to mix them up also do not mix the hardware up

Now i have chosen to paint the fabric with fabric paint before i install it and that reqiures you to take the seat completely apart...make sure you let it completely dry (overnight)

Now once you are done with painting and putting the rails on the del sol seat it is ready to bolt right in

If you have any questions just fee free to ask and the passenger side is the same process...i have also installed the passenger seat...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HCivicdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 40 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

when i had my 95 eg the sol seats i used bolted right in are the hatches different?

what year is your car what year are the sol seats??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

well what i did with my i just soldered into my rex with out swapping nothing
snail89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 46 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
when i had my 95 eg the sol seats i used bolted right in are the hatches different?

what year is your car what year are the sol seats??
94 sol seats bolted into the 93 hatch no problems.
96 ex ??-?? Something Silver - flip project

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail89 View Post
Lol soldered???? Or you mean welded?
Lol....
STUNNA Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

LOL^

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2008, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 HCivicdx is learning the way of the DHCivicdx is learning the way of the D

Well I got my seats out of a 94 del sol and I had to swap the rails and everyone else that I have come across has had to swap the rails to have them fit and it also depends on the car too

Old 12-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

not sure what year sol my seats came out of but they bolted into my 93 cx perfectly...

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 08:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 18 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail89 View Post

lol i sure hope he meant welded, shit i did a nice pull one day, and the passanger seat where my buddy was sitting broke... and that was a factory seat/rail..

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 06:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 102 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

sol seats HAVE to have the seat rails swapped before they will bolt into a EG.

Jimmy and others, you likely bought the Sol seats that had already been converted.

I know it is VERY likely someone on here from OH or WV has the ones I converted, gray stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thank you transzex for clearing that up

Old 12-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 Taztwnpa will become famous soon enoughTaztwnpa will become famous soon enoughTaztwnpa will become famous soon enough

Nice write up. What is the avantage of the del sol seats?
Taztwnpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
sol seats HAVE to have the seat rails swapped before they will bolt into a EG.

Jimmy and others, you likely bought the Sol seats that had already been converted.

I know it is VERY likely someone on here from OH or WV has the ones I converted, gray stripes.
mine came from texas.. out of a del sol... lol

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 46 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taztwnpa View Post
Nice write up. What is the avantage of the del sol seats?
They look a lot nicer than civic seats and are more comfortable. My friend just informed me that he only used 3 of the 4 mounting holes, and slotted one of the 3 to bolt them in.
96 ex ??-?? Something Silver - flip project

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 11:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 40 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

I took mine from a 94 sol in the junk yard and bolted right in my 95 coupe

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

Done that many times nice write up
tuner4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 20 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

you oversprayed the red stripe with your fabric pain... still looks good though

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jhuerto23

I just picked up a set of del sol seats, I am not sure what year they're from but they did not bolt right on into my 94 civic hb cx. I had to swap out the rails to make it fit.

keepinitclean
jhuerto23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27

Bumping an old ass thread...but...

It doesn't matter what year the del Sol was. ALL del Sols are identical, chassis wise. The only differences are the trims. S, Si, and VTEC. A 93 del Sol seat will bolt into a 97 del Sol. I don't know why everyone keeps asking what year the del Sol was that their seat came out of...

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ6Civic27 View Post
Bumping an old ass thread...but...

It doesn't matter what year the del Sol was. ALL del Sols are identical, chassis wise. The only differences are the trims. S, Si, and VTEC. A 93 del Sol seat will bolt into a 97 del Sol. I don't know why everyone keeps asking what year the del Sol was that their seat came out of...
This right here is correct and I know this for a fact cause I've done this countless times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/102993-diy-del-sol-seats-civic.html
Posted By For Type Date
Delsol seter inn i ej6 coupe. This thread Refback 01-20-2013 02:33 AM