Honda D Series Forum banner

s2000 cluster in to an eg

23K views 33 replies 27 participants last post by  GohanBurner 
#1 ·
ok...i bought this cluster a long time ago and was gonna put it in my ej. anyways, i have since sold the ej and now have had an eg hatch for about 10 months. i havent had time to really do anything to the car but i saw this cluster in a box and thought...hmmmm i should use this.

this is what it looked like when i got it. some dude sold it to me for 170 shipped from cali with the harnesses
as most of you know, mark lamond is the utmost authority when it comes to s2000 clusters. he was among the first to deal with the speedometer and ECT issues. i used his wiring diagrams to make my conversion harness. i tried emailing him several times to see if he would do the conversions for me but just gave up after receiving no replys. after some research, i figured out what i needed to do.
because i was going to swap this cluster to the next honda i buy, i wanted to make sure my conversion harness was as clean as possible. that, and i can get ahold or radio harnesses stupid cheap because of my employee discount. what would cost someone 90 bucks on ebay i got for a little over 8. heres what they look like:

notice i was able to purchase both male and female radio wiring harnesses. i chose these three harnesses because they had the exact pin count i was looking for. its and 70-1720,70-1721,17-1771 (i believe) metra part numbers. i chose 3 different harnesses just so that i wouldnt mistake one for another.

mark lamonds wiring diagrams

he clearly states which pins and colors you are looking for when doing the conversion. cool thing is that the s2000 cluster has like 60 pins but your eg will only have 20 or so. lots of wires from the s2000 cluster are not used. basically im waiting for my speedohealer, gear indicator, and ECT conversion pieces so while they are on order im going to show you my conversion harness overkill project.

soldering the wires. unfortunately i didnt have heat shrink that would shrink enough to the smallest gauge wires, so i had to use electrical tape. not my favorite but its works.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

almost done soldering
more to come on next post......

See less See more
#2 ·

here it is soldered and taped. i had to write down the pin outs and colors before i made the harness "pretty".

figured i might as well test this bitch before i go any further

here i am writing down pinouts and wire colors on labels from work that are sticky. i had to highlight all the wiring i needed so i didnt get confused. this took longer than it should have IMO.

almost done labeling.

after i finished the labeling. NOW i can finally make this thing look decent.

done

stay tuned for updates....im getting the other parts shortly.

#6 ·
yeah im planning on doing this like a full write up. this is just where i am at this point. i need to wait for parts to come in now

Reactions: bznc
#15 ·
looks good :) but never use on a performance build where you need a accurate tach, those s2k digis are laggy and when cold they are down right slow to respond.

#24 ·
MOAR!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.