how to restore wiring after alarm removal - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2016, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default how to restore wiring after alarm removal

hello all
I recently bought a 2000 civic lx sedan with what looked like to be an optional Honda alarm system (lx did offer it as an option) well the horn was missing and I would constantly set it off because the l.e.d light would flash - wouldn't start etc.. Well I unhooked everything the best I could and was able to rewire the starter wire to get it to turn on again...this is what I am left with...1 working speaker. And door locks that wont automatically lock with key - yet they make noise so they are definitely getting power somehow...

it looks like everything had been tapped into, tied off, and jumped. I just need to get an idea of what's what...(white/black box?) and after work I will download the 2000 page Honda manual.. any ideas/tips/ etc will help a lot...wiring is not my thing at all....where do I start

oh turns out white box is part of security system now left with a 19 pin connector..hopefully pictures work..also linked to google album

Last edited by slo_eg8; 12-26-2016 at 08:06 PM.
2kEj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2016, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1054.html

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threa...-guide.210089/
y7 transmission
ls meshies, oem wing, blacked out tails with h.i.d head lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 12-26-2016 at 08:18 PM.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2016, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews

and now google will not let you/me use the image url. get a flikr or photobucket account, or use fb or something
y7 transmission
ls meshies, oem wing, blacked out tails with h.i.d head lights

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 24 Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....
Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....Paterico Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Can't really help you with specifics but it's really just a matter of removing any tap splices, ensuring that they didn't damage the tapped wire, and reconnecting any wires that were run through the alarm controller/relays. All the wires are color coded in such a way that you really can't mess it up when removing and reconnecting.

Soldering is a bitch under the dash so I'd suggest investing in QUALITY butt splices and making damn sure that you've got a good bite when you crimp. Of course you can always remove the dash if you are so inclined to solder...

I replaced my ignition switch instead of trying to repair. Figured it was probably time anyway on my 25 year old CRX.

Good luck

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

I hate it when someone just hacks into the harness to add some ghetto alarm system. That certainly wasnt from the factory.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 02:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Default update

hello again.
its been a while since I've attempted to restore the mangled harness from the previous owners alarm. I did find an alarm manual in her saved paperwork. I guess an alarm was an add-on option in 99'-00'...manual was no help and google is hit and miss..I've fixed the radio wiring the correct way and now have music.. Now I'm left with this

it was plugged into a white box I believe was alarm piece. I cannot see anywhere it would go? Also, I do not have the item shown in the black and white. I'm thinking that's what I need
Attached Thumbnails
how to restore wiring after alarm removal-img_20161224_142303.jpg   how to restore wiring after alarm removal-20170111_003444.jpg   how to restore wiring after alarm removal-2010-06-30_174032_6-30-2010_10-39-56_am-54-.jpg  

Last edited by 2kEj6; 01-11-2017 at 02:25 AM. Reason: add img
2kEj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.