2007 crv audio build thread - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 2007 crv audio build thread

so this is to showcase my stereo replacement and upgrades to my crv. current stereo is just absolute crap so I'm going to be adding a few goodies to the car. HU will be a Kenwood DVD receiver, infinity reference component speakers up front with coaxial reference in the back doors. 2 Rockford fosgate amps a 300.4 powering the speakers and a 500.1 powering the 2 8 in p1 punch subs that will be mounted in the rear. also adding a backup camera as well.will be posting up pics as they become available. let me know what you guys think. here is some of the parts that came in today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150811_144109.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	93466  

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2015, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Yay audio. Seems like people now days aren't posting much of interior or audio stuff any more.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

so here is some more work being done. mounted the new deck in the dash adapter and built the main harness for my particular setup. had to go full custom. used mini rg59 coax as audio and video cable. I get this stuff from my work. has better shielding than any expensive audio cables out there. this doesn't include the custom sub boxes for the rear and making it all dissappear so no one even knows that there is a mile of cables running under the carpet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20150816_222630.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	567.7 KB
ID:	93778   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150813_195823.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	466.2 KB
ID:	93786  

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Looking good! The magnets in the OEM Honda speakers are so tiny
Old 08-18-2015, 02:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!

Let me know how the kenwood ends up treating you. I have a bad taste in my mouth from kenwood from back in the day.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 08-18-2015, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

ya the wiring is a pain right now. I love the reference series speakers from infinity. now I had a JVC deck and It was ok. not great but ok. the Kenwood I bout has great reviews so I'm looking foward to the install. also my carpet for the subs finally shipped. should be here Friday.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 del_samuel will become famous soon enoughdel_samuel will become famous soon enoughdel_samuel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
ya the wiring is a pain right now. I love the reference series speakers from infinity. now I had a JVC deck and It was ok. not great but ok. the Kenwood I bout has great reviews so I'm looking foward to the install. also my carpet for the subs finally shipped. should be here Friday.
I had some Infinity Kappa's in my Jeep. Probably the best "cheap" speaker i've ever had. Liquid smooth highs.
del_samuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

My next HU upgrade will be a pioneer appradio. So inexpensive because everything is already in my phone. Why kenwood? I have a clarion nx509 in my car for years now and it has been amazing. I like clarion a lot. I have a 12" clarion sub and its lasted a lot longer than any other so far. But matching rms is key. I really enjoy my jl audio components. No speakers in the back. No reason in a coupe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2015, 07:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!

I also researched and found some good things on boston acoustics speakers. Im an audiophile so i put a ton of research into selecting everything. It took me forever to find a perfect amp to match my sub. Turned out to be a kenwood. Ive had the same pioneer amp from like 2005 but its powering my component speakers. Its a stereo amp but it was bridged to power subs in the past. 125watts x2 rms. sub is 500watts rms. havent heard my system since december 2014, need to get it back on the streets.

What are you going with for wiring the amp etc...? Id say thats one of the most overlooked aspects of a car audio build. I love welding cable.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Mommy Boston acoustics!! Back in the day they were good shit. Not too much now. Almost entry level.

I'm running CDT audio up front off a kicker zx 550.2. And 2 dd 8's off a zx 2500 @ 2 ohms. Wiring is kicker flex 0 gauge power and ground. I also like knuconceptz. I'm using their rca and speaker wires.

Welding cable works, but haven't seem flexible ones and they seem to not have the strand count like the kicker or knuconceptz stuff.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 08-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
Mommy Boston acoustics!! Back in the day they were good shit. Not too much now. Almost entry level.

I'm running CDT audio up front off a kicker zx 550.2. And 2 dd 8's off a zx 2500 @ 2 ohms. Wiring is kicker flex 0 gauge power and ground. I also like knuconceptz. I'm using their rca and speaker wires.

Welding cable works, but haven't seem flexible ones and they seem to not have the strand count like the kicker or knuconceptz stuff.

Ive seen welding cable with a high strand count just need to search. At $1.85/ft i can run 1/0 in place of 4ga that most systems can get away with and still save money and it will be copper instead of aluminum. Btw ive been running 4ga welding wire to power my 2 amps for years with zero problems and it was really inexpensive.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

I was running 4 Guage to my 2 fosgate amps for a long time without issue. the nice thing about fosgate is they don't pull a ton of power to run. I also ran high strand wielding cable. that stuff is awesome. everything is almost ready. just need funds for the tweeter lid assemblies. damn things are 40 bucks a pop through all the websites. Unless you guys can snag them for me.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I've been trying to get my manager to setup a wholesale account with some car audio distributors...

Old 09-28-2015, 05:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

so I'm a little pissed. I spent 2 hours throwing in the door speakers right now and because honda has the polarity backwards I've got no sound now. but the good news is they are in.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

they should sound awesome once I put in the new stereo because the polarity will be corrected but no sound till I get the rest of my parts together.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

just found out on of my component speakers is fried. it doesn't present itself right away but once the speaker warms up it starts garbling and static cones out. We'll too bad. I have some Pyle woofers I'm gonna throw in for the time being until I can snag another set from Amazon.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Get some rockville audio rm64pro's for $44 so you can review them for me

Old 10-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Ive got a rockville rw8ca powered slim sub in my s2k and its damn decent considering it came with wiring kit for $100 shipped
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, Pioneer DEH-X8700BS, PPI i640.5, Infinity 1262w, Alpine Type-S
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 49 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

If it doesn't pull it up directly just click on cable welding and it should pull up. Great prices and they offer high strand count in each gauge.

https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/ei...R:terms::PA#A2

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 07:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

she's in! took 7 hours to mount 2 amps and run all the wiring. But my prebuilt harness worked flawlessly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20151018_221932.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	97458   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151018_214834.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	97466   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151018_214829.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	410.7 KB
ID:	97474  

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.