2007 crv audio build thread - Page 2 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory Audio/Electronics

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2015, 08:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Turns out the front speakers are just fine. But I do plan to swap them for another set. The only issue I have right now is I need to redo my crossover wiring because you can't hear the tweeters up front and install the microphone for the hands free calling. also the picture on movies is really clear.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 crv audio build thread-20151018_174000.jpg   2007 crv audio build thread-20151018_173451.jpg  

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2015, 10:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
n00b

looks great bud got the same car with a similar setup, but myne is jbl. I am interested on how your sub box will turn out
Fmn716 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 07:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

I just ordered a set of the rockville rm64pro's cant wait to test them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmn716 View Post
looks great bud got the same car with a similar setup, but myne is jbl. I am interested on how your sub box will turn out
going to mount them in the tubs in the back. just Google crv subwoofer and you will see. something like this would do. but if you choose this location fiberglass is a must for the volume needed.
Attached Thumbnails
2007 crv audio build thread-coachsub002-1.jpg  

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

So my my fronts are actually perfect so I will keep them for now. just need to make a better mount for the microphone because it's sticks out like a sore thumb on the dash. lol. thinking of having a friend machine up a cradle and have it sit flush on the dash

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Nice! Do you still have the OEM unit? I'm interested in putting it in my 1st Gen CRV.

I bought one on Ebay and left it in my old apartment when I moved out -.-

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 07:31 AM   #27 (permalink)

I do. I'll have to talk it over with the wife first. they go for about 50 bucks on ebay otherwise. not a bad price if you ask me.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
I do. I'll have to talk it over with the wife first. they go for about 50 bucks on ebay otherwise. not a bad price if you ask me.
They do, I bought mine for that much as well. Figured I'd save you shelf space by grabbing yours. Slo/Biggie know all too well about my habits O.o
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

let's make a deal. pm me with your shipping info and I'll get you a quote

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #30 (permalink)

So I did this the other day. this is the box the subs came in and I just did a quick recover of the box. But now they sound like crap. I don't know if it's the box( poorly made IMO) or the fact that it's sitting on a really thin cardboard cover. the subs now bottom out really easy and I can't turn them up the way I used to. They used to really bump in my accord but that box was really well made with 3/4 mdf and was sealed up super tight. I'm thinking there is an air leak in this box and it's acting like a really bad port job. because you can see them move at different times even though they are wired in parallel. any thoughts? fosgate 500.1 mono amp to these @ 2ohms
Attached Thumbnails
2007 crv audio build thread-20151026_140922.jpg  

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 21 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Box too small? Wrong port size? Also in the accord, were they in the trunk?

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2015, 07:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

the other box was larger. no prts. and yes they were in the trunk. It's too bad though. whoever made this box didn't make sure the wiring was sealed after they put the wires in. also making a floor out of a thicker material would improve the sound as well I think because it softens up the base when I lay the box on foam padding.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #33 (permalink)

So it looks like my front speakers are completely fubar. Going to order some Infinity Kappa components for the fronts when I get some more money. got one of my video screens in for the back. going to wire it in this weekend.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!

Try rockville you wont be disappointed

Old 01-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

Kappa components are about 120 bucks on Amazon. new units that are roughly 2013 models. so huge discount. but I might also grab some 6.5 coaxial for the rears to fill out the sound better in the back. they don't seem to handle sound too well at the moment. the whole system will be getting a full tune once everything is built and installed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #36 (permalink)

so I ordered my tweeter grills from a Honda supplier. 106 bucks with shipping for 2 pieces of plastic! lol. couldn't find one in a junk yard so this was my only option. plus trying to keep the factory look. also ordered a new set of Polk 6.5 component speakers up front. will also be re running the front rca cables to my amp as there is static coming from one of the chs. I know it's the cat-5 line because I switched the connectors and it moved to the other speaker. I'll post pics of the progress and parts as they come in. Stay Tuned!

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #37 (permalink)

Also I got a Hifonics 12in sub from my wife's cousin(free!) and it pounds really well. just need to recover the box in beige to match the interior. if this sub goes I have an old JL in the shed as a backup.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #38 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Are you matching rms wattages between amps and speakers?

Old 02-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #39 (permalink)

Rep Power: 40 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

She is coming along nicely. Just caught up.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2016, 12:56 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead View Post
Are you matching rms wattages between amps and speakers?
for the speakers the amp puts out 75 watts rms per ch. and the sub amp is 300 rms @4ohms and 621rms @ 2ohms. not sure what the Hifonics sub does but it's a 4 ohm sub. should be plenty of power.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.