Honda D Series Forum banner

jdm d15b problem

761 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  EG6-Jarhead 
#1 ·
just swapped a jdmd15b in my 1995 civic dx...got the rywire harness and everything hooked up.....no c.e.l.s on but when i start the car for the first time when its been sittin for a few hours it idels high around 2500-3000 it calms down quick but the bouce idles for a min or so....what would cause this?? and how do i fix it i checked for vaccum leaks nothing....when i first put the motor in it was fine this just started....what do i do?

#4 ·
is there a fast idle thermo valve on the D15B? it's a valve on the under side of the throttle body. if there is one take it off via the 3 bolts, loosen the 2 screws holding on a plate and there should be a plastic part with a brass looking nipple in the middle tighten the plastic part back down as tight as possible. and put it back together and you should be good. but if this is the case it uasually can be identified by the idle bouncing up and down violently before calming down...

#7 ·
NeonPinHead said:
hmm...normally you can't unscrew the TPS but if you manage to be sure to have a multi-meter to get it back to specs.
the "rivets" holding the tps on, are only supposed to "fool" u, u can cut a groove in them and unscrew them with a flathead screwdriver...i did it =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.