Honda D Series Forum banner

FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build.

85K views 843 replies 120 participants last post by  turboprelude95 
#1 · (Edited)
FlyinRyan's D16z6 Drag car build. TUNED. #'s pg11

Figured I'd post some pics of my car, and a bit about my build. I've been on DSO for many years, just read more than anything. SO finally, here's my car. 1992 cx hatchback. :)

Here was the car back in 08, after getting in back together after it had been stolen and stripped in 07.

First turbo set-up.

I took the car apart in april 09 to get moving on an engine build i had been working on. And it's sat since. Slowly being built. BUT I have just about everything needed to get the car on the dyno at the first of the new year :)

Sooo, some specs.

Engine.
-GoldenEagle sleeved and o-ringed d16z6 block.
-Wiseco pistons and eagle rods
-Honda OEM bearings
-Bottom end assembled by Cortney Green
-Port and polished Cyl head
-Crower springs and retainers.
-Comp 59300 cam
-ARP head studs
-OEM honda head gasket.
-GoldenEagle intake mani
-GE Fuel rail
-Omni Power 70mm TB
-FuelLab FPR
-Intank walbro255
-Inline Bosch 044
-Bosch/ID 1000cc injectors
-Hasport solid mounts.
-T1 racedevelopment catch can.
-PWR Radiator
-MSD Digital 6plus, HVC II coil.

Transmission.
-86-89 integra CG cable trans.
-Mounts built by me.
-Tilton flow control valve.
-Clutch masters fx500, DD sintered iron disc.
-DSS 3.9 axles.

Turbo Sh*t.
-AFI Turbo forward facing turbo mani
-Precision 6262sp
-Tial MVR
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Garrett 800hp IC core, end tanks fabbed by me.
-3'' IC piping fabbed by me.
-Custom Down pipe built by me. (haha)

Suspension.
-Omni Power drag coilovers.
-skunk2 front camber kit
-ETD racing traction bars

I know i'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Now some more pics.

See less See more
#427 ·
vids look good. you can def get the thing out of the hole. now turn up the damn boost!

#428 ·
Working on it ;)

OMG.... That is all I can say hahaha. That clutch disc is night and day difference. I'm stoked for friday

#431 ·
Advanced Clutch Technologies (ACT). For 75.99 shipped, I cant complain. A friend is using this on his 550hp street car with zero issues and he's been using it for about 4 years now. Hope it all works out

#432 ·
thats about what i paid for my CC unsprung 4 puck

still bitter those fuckers wouldnt warranty my sprung 4 puck that spit out springs after 5000km.... but the little sluts hold like no tomorrow....

#433 ·
I am pretty anti Clutch Masters right now too. I paid damn near 800 shipped for that clutch that eff'd up. And it had 800 miles on it. Its effing bull shit. And they told me, ''oh 200 bucks and we'll send you a new disc'' EFF YOU GUYS! I paid damn near $1 a mile.

#434 ·
75 bucks shipped? Holy crap. Im hitting those guys up next time. My 4 puck unsprung from CC cost 120 shipped. And I thought that was cheap.

#436 · (Edited)
Went racing last night. Awesome effing night. First pass was against a good friend of mine. His first ever pass.

Here's the slip. I'm in the left lane.

Here's a pic of all three runs. Starting on the right and working left. 1,2,3.

Uploading vids right now. i'll post them later. We made no adjustments since the last few times. Just this time the clutch held. Track was shit. Skated all over the place in 3rd and 4th.

small vid from the tree

This is a good friend of mine, he tuned my car. This was an awesome pass for being at our elevation. and for being a shake down pass. 30psi was all. 9.13@165

Midnights 6_24_11 :: runsnines vs acuramech video by Team_DelRio - Photobucket

#438 ·
Good job man!!! Slips dont look bad at all. B tranny will help you cut that short track down quite a bit I bet.

#439 ·
We tried adding some boost to 1st to compensate for boost dropping so much in 2nd, but by the time i got up for my next pass the track was shit. that wsa the .85 pass. So we went back to how it was, track was still shit of course, but went .84. And pretty much no burnout on that pass :/

Thanks man! I'm working on that d2b still. I want it in asap

#446 ·
i think i may start trying mine in 3rd. 2nd just isnt warming them up enough at all

#447 ·
Once these slicks get down on life, and i buy some new ones, I'm going for fourth gear haha i want this=

My buddy Kyle Herrera

Cell phone vid of a burnout and 1st round of bracket racing on pump gas friday night.

#443 ·
nice man,car sounds good. they always make you wait till the car in front of you is off the track to do your burnout?

#444 ·
No. Normally we start the burnouts when they hit about half track. He held us there cause of the track official standing in my lane with a mop.

#450 ·
Sorry!!! I feel for you man. The first month of our season was rained out.
Congrats on the progress Ryan! :TU:
Thanks James! A good friend of mine from down here in utah dropped by your shop a few days ago. Andrew is his name. Built z6 with a pte5857. Car is still here, unfinished though :/ Sounds like he's going d2b through you guys. :TU:

#453 · (Edited)
nice proyect.. love it... and congrats too! =D, nice time have you on the track...
Thanks guys.

Went to a local car show/shop grand opening over the weekend. only two hondas is the place. haha. But it was for the shop my buddy just started working for so we had to show support.

Race track Friday night :) Pump gas only though. Still will be fun.

#455 ·
More MPH in 3rd. The faster you spin them, the quicker they heat up, and the less time you spend doing burnouts and banging rev limiters. Plus, if you can, why not? :)

Reactions: boostedsohc
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.